Here's the thing, i was considering getting 2 - 12" older model p3s, 2ohm subwoofers,

Power Handling (Watts RMS): 400 Watts RMS 
800 Watts Max

With this amp

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/p1000x2

Rated Power 
(RMS Continuous Power): 300 Watts x 2 @ 4-Ohm 
500 Watts x 2 @ 2-Ohm 

wired with the 2ohm version

2_2ohmDVC_2ohm.png

If i can't find the older ones in 2ohm, i've come across the 4ohms, but wiring them would only deliver 300 watts, is this enough or do i have to get the 10"(which only require 300)?

2_4ohmDVC_4ohm.png

going in the trunk of a car, have 39" width and want to do less than 8" deep, ~16-18 high(considering leaving a spot on the box for the amp). will post up a drawing later(i have a couple tasks i need to take care of when i get home)

The one you missed was using the second configuration but bridging at the amp for 1k @ 4ohm. 

I'd just run 4 ohm x 2.

The one you missed was using the second configuration but bridging at the amp for 1k @ 4ohm. 

huh? its 400w rms, so i wouldnt push it past 850

I'd just run 4 ohm x 2.

if i cant find the 2 ohms? or is there a reason for choosing 4 ohms over 2 ohms?

this option would send 200w less to each sub and be 100w under the suggested power lvls

You can't hear a 100w difference.

why limit yourself to RF? Tons of options

my dad had rf in his old truck and it was legit, basically good experience. im open to suggestions though. also, i dont like the cosmetics on the pioneer and some of the other models, i like the simplistic look of the older rf

why limit yourself to RF? Tons of options

Oh yeah, budget wise, i only want to spend about 600 tops on the sub and amp, that was one of the main reasons. I considered the alpine shallows, but they are hella expensive(300ish ebay/amazon for sub and then alpine amp 2-300) . The kenwoods are closer to 4"(i believe) and i want the box to be about 6-8" deep tops(going in car trunk). also, i heard mb quarts are like almost 3", but i'm not familiar with the brand.