Sign in to follow this  
nigel

Kingston Penitentiary

Well, as some on here know, Up until the end of last month I was a Correctional Officer at Kingston Penitentiary.  Thought I'd share a link with everyone, has a couple video's of the inside in the article...

Not all the info being told is very accurate however, but the videos do show the inside...

http://globalnews.ca/news/877576/inside-kingston-penitentiary-tours-sold-out-within-hours/

Place had a very storied past, was a fun ride, loved working there.

Don't know how your country's prison are ran, but here in the U.S. I think prisoners have WAYYY too many privileges. I don't understand why these criminals are allowed to watch tv, have a place to workout, play different sports like basketball and more.

I only saw part of the first video, but I think everyone should have what the prison guards call deep segregation with nothing in the room at all. I hate that these people who break are laws are given so much.

So what are you going to do now? Are you transferring to another prison?

already at another prison.  Stepped down to a medium and not really enjoying it.  Will probably take me another 6 months to get used to the open concept and amount of movement.

The inmates get TV here as well, but they have to pay for the cable service and buy their own tv.  It keeps them from constantly attacking us, so, meh, it's one more thing we can take away/hold against them for bad behaviour...  Turning off power to a cell can be a great motivator to fall in line...

What they called "deep seg" in the video, was called diss cells, no one ever called it deep seg, but then perhaps the tours should be being given by someone who worked in the jail, not an ex warden who spent most of her tenure off on training at regional and national...

You liked the bigger prison better? I just don't think they should get anything and pretty much always be kept in their cells. But that's just what I think.

You're right the tour should of been by one of the guards or someone that was actually there a lot.

You liked the bigger prison better?

He was referring to the security level at the prison not the size

Edited by edouble101

You liked the bigger prison better?

He was referring to the security level at the prison not the size

Ohh haha misread that! Thanks for lettin me know

Google Angola prison. 18,000 thousand acres of self sufficient hell.

Google Angola prison. 18,000 thousand acres of self sufficient hell.

That place is huge!! I like how they make them work. That's how prisons should be.