Sign in to follow this  
djjdnap

Anyone know what sony amp this is?

kicker1.jpg

ES XM2000R

ES XM2000R

Pretty rare and stupid fucking expensive. If you can even find one for sale they are several grand each.

ES XM2000R

Pretty rare and stupid fucking expensive. If you can even find one for sale they are several grand each.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-AUTO-AMP-SONY-XM-2000R-/251327306400?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item3a84465aa0&vxp=mtr
Wonder if that is the same guy from DIYMA that had several he was trying to sell. FWIW that's actually a really good price for them. Usually they are $1500 to $2k

ES XM2000R

Pretty rare and stupid pucking expensive. If you can even find one for sale they are several grand each.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-AUTO-AMP-SONY-XM-2000R-/251327306400?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item3a84465aa0&vxp=mtr
Wonder if that is the same guy from DIYMA that had several he was trying to sell. FWIW that's actually a really good price for them. Usually they are $1500 to $2k

Dam right it's a good price. Almost too good to be true but if I would buy one I would never use it. Put it in a glass case with a light shining on it.

What kind of power does it do? The box in the pictures said 300w x 2, 600w x 2, and 1000w x 2

that seems awfully expensive for 2kW

Look at the specs though-  it is a A/B SQ amp.  Really 'clean' power.  And the said rarity factor.  Like they say though- It worth whatever people will pay for it.  I wouldn't buy it, but someone will.

not that long ago 1watt per dollar was a normal price for good amplifiers ... now I think of it ... im at the virge of being an old fart

Surprised Ryan has not sniffed this topic out yet.

What kind of power does it do? The box in the pictures said 300w x 2, 600w x 2, and 1000w x 2

that seems awfully expensive for 2kW

Because it isn't your made in China/Korea, order from a take out menu amplifier like everyone sells today.

I still have a brochures for that amp from 2000.

The specs. look great.

It has 2- 70 amp slow trip breakers on the amp.

Wish I'd have looked into them when they were new, but I was just learning about car audio at the time.

I bought a Clarion HX-D10 and some Eclipse 88120 aluminum and titanium subs for a hell of a good deal back then.

I still have the mobile ES XM-7547 from the same time.