SacredTanakh

Build time on the ZED amps

I bought a leviathan on the 30th of last month, so it's been 14 days. what kind of wait time is there for them to ship the amp? Not in a big hurry, just curious.

Usually it has taken three weeks to a month to receive my zeds

Oh okay, thanks :)

Zed takes a while to build since he has to make each order as they come in. I paid a visit to the Zed factory and, believe me, he's got a lot he's working on right now.

Personally, I would much rather handle the wait knowing that the build doesn't get rushed. The Minotaur I have now proved that it's well worth it. You will be VERY happy with the Levi.

I got my Levi in 3 weeks

That's a good turnaround. I know right now he's got the Mykro I and IV, Levi, Minotaur, Draconia, and Ra he has to juggle with for even flow ON TOP OF all the other amps that have been sent to him for repair and protos for various companies. Steve is a BUSY man. 

Will will have a tracker for you soon, ZED was a little behind because Stephen was out of the country for about a week or so. :)

Thanks for the replies, I ordered zed because of the quality. So I'm sure the price and wait will be well worth it when I get it and test it out on my new drivers. One thing I am hoping for is that they give me a clear cover instead of the tinted ones that some of the new amps coming out of there have had recently. It's something I should've mentioned when I ordered, but it slipped my mind. I'll see how it looks when it gets here though, and if it does have a tinted cover and It really bothers me I'll contact him and ask if I can buy a clear cover.

Edited by SacredTanakh

Honestly, the clear is fine IMO.  If the amps are in your face enough that the LED's are distracting at night, then there is another issue.  Mine are in the hatch area of my little daily driver wagen, and they don't bother me at all or even light up the cabin much at all.  They are rear facing and the hatch cover is in the house.

Honestly, the clear is fine IMO. If the amps are in your face enough that the LED's are distracting at night, then there is another issue. Mine are in the hatch area of my little daily driver wagen, and they don't bother me at all or even light up the cabin much at all. They are rear facing and the hatch cover is in the house.

For my build, all the amps will be in the trunk, so It really doesn't matter how bright the LEDs are. I realize it could be an issue for some, cause sometimes even the LED on my bass knob gets annoying at night. To me though seeing the internals is a big plus on the amp, not many companies do that.

Honestly, the clear is fine IMO. If the amps are in your face enough that the LED's are distracting at night, then there is another issue. Mine are in the hatch area of my little daily driver wagen, and they don't bother me at all or even light up the cabin much at all. They are rear facing and the hatch cover is in the house.

For my build, all the amps will be in the trunk, so It really doesn't matter how bright the LEDs are. I realize it could be an issue for some, cause sometimes even the LED on my bass knob gets annoying at night. To me though seeing the internals is a big plus on the amp, not many companies do that.

Even with the smoked cover, the internals are visible in daylight. Steve has moved away from clear covers, though, so I'm not sure how easy it will be to find one. Knew someone a couple weeks ago trying to find a new cover for his Levi I and Steve had nothing available for him.

That's a little disappointing. oh well, maybe the tinted plexi will be fine.

Even with the smoked cover, the internals are visible in daylight. Steve has moved away from clear covers, though, so I'm not sure how easy it will be to find one. Knew someone a couple weeks ago trying to find a new cover for his Levi I and Steve had nothing available for him.

27 days and no shipping yet, that's longer then my SP4 took to get here including shipping.

They should really tell you the wait is so long.

I sent you an email stating they were backed up on some larger order.  We will update your order with tracking very shortly.

I realize that, I'm just making a comparison and pointing out that it should give you a more specific timeframe then "some build time".

But thank you Aaron for keeping me updated :)

I realize that, I'm just making a comparison and pointing out that it should give you a more specific timeframe then "some build time".

But thank you Aaron for keeping me updated smile.png

Just happened to order when we were wiped out of Leviathans.  :(  We are putting in our inventory for the mikro amps shortly.

So you guys do keep some in stock when you can? Did not know that. I've heard a little about the smaller series that zed is coming out with, anything announced about a decent 2 channel?

I've been looking for a 2 channel for another project of mine.

So you guys do keep some in stock when you can? Did not know that. I've heard a little about the smaller series that zed is coming out with, anything announced about a decent 2 channel?

I've been looking for a 2 channel for another project of mine.

We try to, but it is difficult at times due to the very limited sales numbers compared to Sundown for example.