Dangercdv

SUV setup

Soon I will be getting an SUV, and I need some ideas. I want some loud bass thats impressive but not like competition grade i guess. 
My idea for a setup is

Enclosure: http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/ported-dual-12-subwoofer-enclosure.html

Amp: my current amp, 1700 rms at 1ohm. 

Subs: maybe 2 SA-12s wired to 1ohm.

I was wondering if maybe 2 Gcons or Icons would be better in that box, or maybe two sealed SA-15s in a different box. Or one sick 18 sealed, just help me out here.
Im trying to save space and dont want a huge box. Just send me some ideas please. I just want the most bass for my space, and money.

How much room do you have to work with? Thats gunna be the main factor in deciding what you should get.

Honestly, I would like to buy a box tuned around 32hz, like the one I have in the link, so 4-6 cubic feet, I would like to stay towards 4 tho.

Yeah your best option would be to do 2 12's or 1 15. If I had the decision I would most likely do an xcon 15 or if your not looking to spend as much then grab an Icon.

Do you think 1 Xcon 15 would out do the SA12s on the same power?

I would get this enclosure http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/ported-single-15-subwoofer-enclosure.html

maybe even get a better amp eventually that can push it further, but by then I might just upgrade to a Zcon in the same box.

Its impossible to tell what will be louder but if you ask people on the forums I can guess they would take an Xcon 15 over 2 sa's. I have heard  through people that the sound of the xcons are real nice and they get loud.

If you do 12's I'd much rather have the Gcon vs the SA.

As for 12 or 15 it somewhat depends on what you are willing to do for a box. Cone area is never a bad thing, but foregoing the port doesn't make sense for your desires IMO.

Okay, I really do want good SQ too, I just love loud music, most of which is rap.
So what do you think, 2 Gcon 12s. or 1 Xcon 15

I am not looking for hairtricks, (although that would be sick) I just want to have really loud bass that most normal people would consider "way to much"

Xcon 15 - 1750 RMS
or... the cheaper, but higher rms
Death Penalty 15 - 2000 RMS

I still have to say for just about the same room for the box, 2 Gcon 12s might give me allot more bass.
And I could always upgrade to Icons and a better amp if I ever felt the need too. 

Edited by Dangercdv

Your not going to be dissapointed with any of the above options.

Oh yea and you should look into the DSS ethos, you can have one for under 350 shipped. If you have seen big jons build or anyone that has reviewed them you would see that they are a good bang for you buck.

Where can I find a new one???

Go the the vendor section. Direct Sound Solutions.

il stick with something on the store :)
I am leaning towards 2 12s, but I really dont know how well that 15 will perform. 

15 will perform great. Have a 15" Xcon in my boat and it can seriously do the job. Of course, so can a pair of 12's. Personally as I said before I'd determine the box that "fits" the best and choose that way.

well both are going in the back of an SUV and there really is no preference, I also want to have the ability to turn up and really impress but for the most part have a loud but quality sound system. 

well both are going in the back of an SUV and there really is no preference, I also want to have the ability to turn up and really impress but for the most part have a loud but quality sound system. 

a pair of icon 12's in around a 4 cu box.mine tuned at 30 hz.they will get loud if needed and sound very well also

Okay, but my amp is only 1700rms, and the box is: http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/ported-dual-12-subwoofer-enclosure.html

So icons? 
I could always get a new, more powerful amp as well. I am thinking about getting Icons now.

Edited by Dangercdv

If you have the budget get the icons, if you want to save some cash get the gcons. Can't go wrong either way.

Okay, but my amp is only 1700rms, and the box is: http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/ported-dual-12-subwoofer-enclosure.html

So icons? 

I could always get a new, more powerful amp as well. I am thinking about getting Icons now.

That would still power a pair of Icons nicely. adhd.gif

You don't need full power.Just make sure you have a good box.

Take advantage of the sale and get 2 icon d1's.

Gcons are on backorder not the Icons.

Edited by pmureika

I don't have exp.with the other SSA subs.But they hooked me with the icon.I would go with the GCON if it fits the budget better I promise they will not disapoint