cheet3430

First Wall

About to start my first wall in my ford ranger extended cab. Fourth Order Bandpass for three RE 12's.

Why are you opting for a Fourth order bandpass?

X2

How come you're using a 4th order band pass?

X2

I like the wide frequency range that the bandpass can play. Still learning and have a lot of learning to do, only 17 years old. This is my first bigger build and its gonna be a big learning curve for me.

Being this is your first big build I suggest a regular ported box. I can help you design a box and everything. I'm only 19 and when I was 16 I didn't have anyone to help me so I wasted a lot of money doing things that I wasn't told not to do.

Being this is your first big build I suggest a regular ported box. I can help you design a box and everything. I'm only 19 and when I was 16 I didn't have anyone to help me so I wasted a lot of money doing things that I wasn't told not to do.

One of my close friends is a builder and hes gonna be helping me and guiding me along the way. But, any suggestions you can give would be useful and appreciated.

One of my close friends is a builder and hes gonna be helping me and guiding me along the way. But, any suggestions you can give would be useful and appreciated.

Go with a ported box that is suitable for them with proper port area and all that. You should be good if he builds good.

X2

I like the wide frequency range that the bandpass can play. Still learning and have a lot of learning to do, only 17 years old. This is my first bigger build and its gonna be a big learning curve for me.

"wide frequency range" and 4th order bandpass are not generally in the same conversation.

X2

"wide frequency range" and 4th order bandpass are not generally in the same conversation.

Okk that's what I wAs thinkin but wasn't sure so didn't say it so in case it was wrong misinformation wouldn't be spread.

X2

. . . . And this is the LAST thing you want in regards to sub bass.

you sir have been banboozeled

X2

What would you consider a wide frequency range anyway?

X2

How come you're using a 4th order band pass?ockquote>

What would you consider a wide frequency range anyway?

What I meant by that, is that the fourth order is efficient. I will not be using a lot of power to start because its a budget build. Like I said im still learning and have a lot of learning to do, so im going off of suggestions from wiser people. And im trying to build the best enclosure for a low power build.