Sign in to follow this  
rowdyful7

fi box build help

My friend just got his first non kicker sub and he got a fi bl 15 he is putting it in the back of his Chevy extended cab he can make it about 15-18 inches deep 17 inches high and can be up to around 50 inches long he wants his box about 5 cubic feet and 32 htz can anyone help with a design

If I wasn't so damn busy at work and already behind helping a few other people with their designs I'd jump in there and help for sure.  I did do a little math and 15x17x50 will gross 5.87cuft total so once you subtract port and sub displacements it would probably need to be another inch or so deeper than the 15" to keep a whole 5cuft NET but shouldn't require the entire 18 inches to do so.

Hopefully someone like Bassink will see this and jump in and help.

I found some box building calculators so I'll use those and put my specs on here before infer to cutting

Not sure which ones you found but the only one I've used that I would trust thus far is the Torres one.  I have verified it's numbers by hand on quite a few occasions and it's always been very close. The RE Audio site calculator just sucks, as does most of the other online ones.

I found the 12 volt one and read on some other forums of people comparing it to other programs and it was real close also w140 if that's right suggested one also

Yes it's accurate, but also uber basic.  A calculator like that doesn't account for port or driver displacement which means the tuning will be off if you simply plug in the numbers and go.  You can figure for those if you know what they will be and yes they're not hard to calculate for but it also leaves room for a bigger possibility for mistakes.  The RE calculator tries to account for all those things but misses the mark on several issues and can be just a little off or way off depending on several factors.  So far I've found that the Torres calculator will account for driver displacement and port displacement accurately, adjust for changes you make on the fly, and is all around simpler and easier than doing it all by hand.

Just my .02

The one w140 suggested counts in more then the 12 cmvolt I think I might use that one

Not sure how I missed this one. Do you still need help?