firey_kimchi

O/S Hifonics Amps

I have a question for you all. I found a guy that used to own a car audio shop back in the day. He's got the whole Hifonics VII and VII series. I'm interested in a series VII Zeus. It's hard to find people that will ship to military personnel overseas and he's willing to do this. He wants $700. It's new in box. I remember when I paid $1/watt. Does this still apply for a classic amp that's 20yrs old? I'm not trying to rip this guy off or low ball him but I was thinking $500 - $600 max! Am I being cheap? All inputs are appreciated.

Use ship it APO, you can get anything that way.

I used a Hifonics Collosus in 1997...  It was expensive.  I also used Rockford Power 1000 mosfets in the early 90's...  They were $2K each...  Not even close in price/performance like today...

You should be able to get it shipped overseas. If its over $350-$400 you need a new customs form. I only use USPS when having stuff shipped here. Its relatively cheap as well. Most ive paid for a big $2k amp was $22 shipped here

USPS is the only company that will ship to a military address at a "decent" price. If it goes UPS/FedEx, it will be international and the price is expensive. I was saying earlier that finding people to ship to an APO address is hard because they get worried about the customs form and don't want to take the time to fill it out. My main question is is the asking price ($700) too much for a NIB VII Zeus? What would you pay for it? I'm trying to get some responses to see if it's worth it. I know Zed's newer Class D amps run $600 - $700 (Minotaur/Leviathan). I have a Kronos already but would like a Hifonics VII Zeus. I've never had a Hifonics and want to test it out.

If it's worth it to you, then buy it.  I love those amps, but still wouldn't pay that much.  I can get a brand new amp that will perform just the same or better and be more efficient for far less.  It may be new in box, but still no warranty.  It could come to you as a $700 paper weight and there's nothing you can do about it.

I would get a 2013 amplifier.

Old school is cool, but...old, and with no warranty.

There are very good amps avalable nowadays.

Shipping to a military address should be cheaper than shipping to an international address like mine (I'm not an US citizen or soldier, and I don't live in a foreign country).

Lots of companies can ship to you.

I use Bongo International, now, and they're serious.

Big thanks to SSA for this ! I can use them for anything I buy on the internet, in the USA.