I'm thinking about buying an O Scope on a budget,was wondering what you guys thought about this http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BB4ETJW/ref=aw_d_dsc_industrial?qid=1388172095&sr=1-4 or might recommend.It'll be a month or 2. Before I buy one.thx

Edited by garychurch84

Don't waste your money.

Don't waste your money.

on this one or just one in general?

Don't waste your money.

What are you going to use it for?

Don't waste your money.

play around with my amp

Don't waste your money.

play around with my amp

It's just my opinion but I think a O scope isn't necessary.

I can agree.its basically something for me to play with just to see how it works

What do you mean by play with? That oscope is a toy, not a tool. And for playing there are many other ways I'd spend $90. Unfairly I have a >$30k scope at my disposal, but that being said the only time I've ever used it on an amplifier was for troubleshooting internals on a failed unit.

I can agree.its basically something for me to play with just to see how it works

Then I couldn't say if that would be a good one to buy.

You would need one of ssa's techs opinion.

Honestly I don't see the point in blowing $90 on something you don't need just to "play around". It won't do anything useful for you and at that price point it probably won't have enough resolution to really let you "play" in any meaningful way.

I won't bother with it then.thx guys

What do you mean by play with? That oscope is a toy, not a tool. And for playing there are many other ways I'd spend $90. Unfairly I have a >$30k scope at my disposal, but that being said the only time I've ever used it on an amplifier was for troubleshooting internals on a failed unit.

just to learn the different uses of it.

A $5 DMM will teach you as much as that scope. smile.png Saving $85 rocks!

And PLEASE don't take that as you should use a DMM for gain setting or anything like that. The correlation is that DMM's measure voltage, oscilloscopes measure voltage and show the waveform. Seeing the waveform is more of less useless when "playing around" with an amplifier so the value is the same.

I'd still like to know what you mean by playing around.

A $5 DMM will teach you as much as that scope. :) Saving $85 rocks!
I'll stick to setting my gains by ear."Playing around" getting familar with the tool.lol

Over look my grammar

Why would one use a DMM to set gains anyhow?Also figured the O Scope would be the way to do this but you guys say its point less

Why would one use a DMM to set gains anyhow?Also figured the O Scope would be the way to do this but you guys say its point less

Only because they are misled into thinking it makes sense. Same reason people do clamp tests.

Only circumstance I'd recommend using one would be to gain match 2 non strap able amps on a single sub. I'd like to see someone set the gain "by ear" with this setup type lol. Then again you still wouldn't need an O-scope for that.

Only circumstance I'd recommend using one would be to gain match 2 non strap able amps on a single sub. I'd like to see someone set the gain "by ear" with this setup type lol. Then again you still wouldn't need an O-scope for that.

I acually plan on adding another bc2000 not strapped in another month or so