twelvemeter

WINisd modeling of final 3?

This is a WINisd plot of my final 3. It is comparing 3 ETHOS 12's against an EVIL 18 and a pair of ETHOS 15's. The ETHOS enclosures were taken directly from some of Quentin's suggestions, and the EVIL 18 was a shot in the dark based on my space limitations. How accurate is WINisd in calculating real world SPL? Based on the modeling an EVIL 18 equals three ETHOS 12's at peak tuning (hard to believe); the ETHOS 15's win all...The EVIL 18 is pitted against the three ETHOS 12's for SB2 class reasons, the pair of ETHOS 15's is for I don't give a damn what class I compete in reasons.

final3

with the same power on all set ups its probably pretty accurate.  One 18 has roughly the same sd as 3 12's and they all have about the same xmax. 

One thing WinISD is not going to account for is real world factors such as power compression. Keep that in mind when comparing drivers in modeling software. Small differences in the program might be large differences in real life, and vice versa.

Thanks for responding Quentin and Impious . I understand that this is theoretical modeling. I was just surprised by the results. I expected the 12's to walk away from the single 18. This also does not help in my decision making. The 18 does have a cost advantage, but I can feel the 15's laughing at me...

2 12's isn't terribly different budget wise from 15's

You modelled the 15's in the same size box as the 18

Seems to me you need to decide whether saving money is how strong of a driving factor.

Actually, it's triple 12's. Cost is definitely a factor. The real struggle is whether to go for SPL, the 15's, or to follow SB2 rules. I am limited to around 6.5 cubes, maybe 7 if I get creative...

The 2 was my argument for not buying 12's...