I think W140 was looking at them at one point, check with him.

I seriously wish they just made an app and let you supply the tab. The hardware is limited, but if it does everything you need a neat solution. For the $$ it is more effective to homebrew a solution, but an off the shelf option is sweet.

Yeah-  I mostly listen to my music via jump drive.  but I do like to listen to local radio(mainly when I have my young ones, as most of my music is explicit.) 

i like the Nav is included.  But I honestly, when I had my Pioneer with nav,  my phones nav was better.

Thing I need/want in a H/U:

USB connectivity (I like that the Parrot has many)

Bluetooth for phone calls (i travel 4.5 hrs to and from work- and cops are cracking down on holding a phone to your head.)

Rear Veiw capability (Avalanches suck to back up)

Preouts w/sub channel (4-volt + preferably, but not necessary) (parrot is 6v)

As far as traditional H/U's go- the Pioneer 8500 is up there on my list.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130X850BHS/Pioneer-AVH-X8500BHS.html?showAll=N&search=AVH-X8500BHS&skipvs=T

Hoping to buy something in the next month or so.  Since I am finally paying off my DSS Subs...H/U is next.

A Timur's Kernel ripped Nexus 1 would do everything you describe if you like an Android in the dash

Right, but the only android device I own in my phone.  And I know nothing about the installaion of one.  Which is why I planned to stick to a H/U.  I looked at the mirror link H/U but I have a Samsung Ploclaim(cheap walmart phone), and they only list the S3 and S4 as compatable.  Plus my kids would rather the DVD player- though I don't really care for them. 

After reading more into it- I see that the Parrot is basically little more than a Android device that uses your phone for connectivity.  I am losing interest already.

Pioneers AppRadio is now android capable, I enjoyed it for my iphone