Sign in to follow this  
Orionismything

HO Alternator Amp questions for Orion HCCA Setup

Ok. I plan on putting 2 15" orion hcca subs in my car and would like to know a few things. I have 2 orion 25001d class amps for each and want to put only 2000 watts into each. So how many amps does my alternator needs to be and do i need more than one? And whats the best type of audio battery to use for under the hood and in the trunk? Thanks.

I would want a 270amp alt or the biggest you can afford and a XS d3400 under the hood and 1 or 2 XS xp3000's for the rear.

If not XS Power then get Sears Die Hard Platinum Group 34 under hood and Group 31 for the rear

Edited by swift

yeah its a big debate over which battery is better than which. if you can affor xs go with them. if not like swift said go with the die hards. they are pretty damn good batts. as far as the alternator get the biggest you can afford. what companies have you looked into? I personally am going with singer alts. I like his customer service and his warranty is pretty decent as well.

Edited by ohio45113

I saw someone talking about Northstar batteries. They seems legit :)

You're goind for a really big system. Is it your first one ?

Yea I used to have smaller systems until a friend of mine told me about Orion so I've been planning on doing this setup for awhile now.just trying to get most of the specs for what I need. Thanks for the responses guys. I've been needing the help

Those hcca's are huge ! They can be super loud too ! And I know, you Americans, love them. Very good resell value :)  :)

Take a look at the subs you can find in the ssastore : they have nice ones too.

+2 on Swifts comment. The mechman 320 alt I recently purchased needed minor modification to install.

Ok. I've heard of mechman alt and they were the people I was l leaning towards getting an alt from. But I never heard of singer before

Ok. I've heard of mechman alt and they were the people I was l leaning towards getting an alt from. But I never heard of singer before

I use singer!Great guy to deal with.