tmac93

4th order for x10?

never heard or owned a 4th order, but id like to spend weekend building one for my sundown x10. Can anyone help me out with this?

maybe help me with some designs or advice. i have it in a 1.6 cube slot ported box tuned at 34hz. sealed off from trunk firing into cabin. for my tastes it is not tuned low enough, i was going to snatch everything out and go with a 2 cube box at 30hz. but ive been reading about 4th orders and im really interested in them now. would a 4th be ok for a daily with this sub? goes in dodge charger so i have plenty of trunk space, and can provide max deminisons if needed.

i also have the sub specs if it helps. ive read to go with the 2:1 ratio with these boxes, if correct how big should i go with sealed side? and how big with ported and the tuning? i listen to mostly decaf music, all i really care about is the 25-38hz range.

FS - 27.9hz

QES - 0.43

QMS - 4.7

QTS - 0.39

SD - 366cm^2

VAS - 19.47L

BL - 21.67

MMS - 317g

CMS - 102um/n

SENS - 81.66db

30mm xmax at (70% BL)

just build the larger, lower tuned ported enclosure. a bandpass box (a vented enclosure is also 4th order) wont gain you any output for your purposes, it will just take up more space. 

Bandpass is meant to provide an even response over a small range. It's not magically louder.

Stick with ported.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

You already have it in a 4th order...

Thanks for clearing that up. Another quick question when designing port is it better to go with a typical slot port or an labyrinth port? Or is there no difference?

I try to have the least amount of bends in mine, the length has to do with tuning. Have you thought about aero ports?

Thanks for clearing that up. Another quick question when designing port is it better to go with a typical slot port or an labyrinth port? Or is there no difference?

Slot = labyrinth

Less turns is always better

Well i guess this explains why im not happy with the current box, something just sounds off. Its like a maze inside the box. Port is on right side, and it goes straight back, turns 90degrees left then leads to a 180degree turn right then back to another 90degree left turn. tPort length was at about 45"

what does sundown list as the recommended enclosure sizes? 

what are your amp settings? 

Idk i cant find any recommendations. Ive been searching for awhile, ive kinda been going with what other people recommend. Nothing on sundowns website, or on google so far.

Amp settings: gain is a little less than halfway. Bassboost all the way down, subsonic at about 23 or 24. Lowpass is maybe at 45, phase at 0

Idk i cant find any recommendations. Ive been searching for awhile, ive kinda been going with what other people recommend. Nothing on sundowns website, or on google so far.

Amp settings: gain is a little less than halfway. Bassboost all the way down, subsonic at about 23 or 24. Lowpass is maybe at 45, phase at 0

All stock electrical, 0gauge power and ground. Ive having to use loudness on headunit to really make a difference. If i turn it off subs barely moving and gain has to go way up, so i use loudness and bass level all the way up then set my amp.

are you sure the coils are wired correctly? how did you go about setting the lpf, 45 is really low?  you should not need loudness settings 

If i turn loudness off its like i almost loose all my sound, and the gain has to go up nearly 3/4. And i dont listen to anything above 40hz so i keep it low around 45-50hz. And sub is wired to 1ohm, postitive on one coil hooked to positive on opposite coil then from there to the amp, same with negative wires.