Sign in to follow this  
tripleb45

Attending my very first SPL competition. Advice?

Hey fellow bass heads. I am attending my very first SPL competition. It will be in Little Rock AR at the Music Mart. I have never even attended a show as an onlooker, so what advice do you all have for me? Still new at this so help me out....in a POSITIVE way lol.

Setup

4 18"DC Level 4's

2 DC 3. 5k's

1 DC 175.4

Crescendo mids and highs

1 Mechman 270 amp alternator

1 stock 105 amp alternator

Pioneer Double Din HUH

My goal is at least a 151 DB

Your going to want to find out your peak frequency

Find your peak and test test test....my Tahoe peaks at 43 but yours would be different...

If you new like me every time I go to a event I learn something new so it takes time to lrean your set up...1st comp I score a 141.1 on music same everything, 2nd comp 147.7 same set up just strapped my amps and moved a couple seats around plus open the driver door, now this comp I lrean how since I change my box placement and deaden my hatch the my peak went up but I score a 148.0...so it takes time to lrean your setup.

What organization will you be competing in?

Fun org, Do you know which class you will compete in? You can view the rules on soundoff.org

It's a lot of fun and you should do well with the set up you have. I compete in Usaci

Fun org, Do you know which class you will compete in? You can view the rules on soundoff.org

It's a lot of fun and you should do well with the set up you have. I compete in Usaci

Thanks bro. I believe this will be my class: Modified 4001+ Watts or Super Modified OPEN

Edited by tripleb45

yeah best bet is to find a friend. You need a basshead friend who has been competing for a while. Best advice. From there, you'll need to find your peak, then burp at that freq. That'll be a good start. 

If you are using two DC 3500's then you will be in Mod 1000 - 2000. Like Steve said, have fun! Everyone wants to win but enjoy the event and competition. Do you work in the industry ? I looked through your build log but dont remember seeing if you actually worked in the industry. Your vehicle and build look great!

yeah best bet is to find a friend. You need a basshead friend who has been competing for a while. Best advice. From there, you'll need to find your peak, then burp at that freq. That'll be a good start.

True I just have to find that friend in AR lol.

Most importantly, have some damn fun. Who cares about the rest of the crap.

Definitely have to have fun lol. Can't be so serious.

If you are using two DC 3500's then you will be in Mod 1000 - 2000. Like Steve said, have fun! Everyone wants to win but enjoy the event and competition. Do you work in the industry ? I looked through your build log but dont remember seeing if you actually worked in the industry. Your vehicle and build look great!

I don't work in audio. Wish I did would have saved me a lot of time and money.I let K&N audio do my build. Thanks man.

Thats cool man, I bet your ride gets down for sure!

Go around and check out other peoples setups and get demos. You will be surprised when you sit in some lower db vehicles that sound louder to the ear than the big number rides. 

You will get beat by some people with not much cone area at all. I've seen people with two 12's meter higher than me but their main goal is a number. Thats why the main thing is to have fun and focus on the sound above hitting a certain number, if you get caught up trying be a top runner in a class you will stay frustrated if you have a daily setup.

Well said

Most importantly, have some damn fun. Who cares about the rest of the crap.

Definitely have to have fun lol. Can't be so serious.

These guys stole my advice, lol. But seriously, as with any hobby, there's no sense in doing it if you're not enjoying it. Go out there, have fun, learn as much as you can, and most of all have a good time doing it!!