Sign in to follow this  
Zagnotoft

Wire Size Questions?

Since my local Facebook page I follow won't answer my question, I'll come here. 

I've blown 3 fuses in the past two days with my crappy amp wire kit. I kept putting off getting a good set of wire because I'm lazy and didn't want to spend money. However, I've decided that I can't put it off any longer.

I have a few questions about what I should get. Definitely getting Sky High Car Audio because that's what I've seen work best from friends. I have a Cobalt CB3200 amp powering two RE SXX V2 15's (Also keep in mind I will be upgrading amps when money comes along, so I would rather prepare for that now so I don't have to buy twice the wire). I plan on doing the big 3 since I haven't yet (Yes, I'm killing my car lol), so should I get 1/0 wire or 2/0 for both amp and the big 3? And what size fuse should I get?

Thank you in advance, and sorry for the "noob" question. I'm pretty new to the basshead world.

Whatever you do DO NOT buy CCA.  In fact, when I see a manufacturer that offers CCA at all I am highly suspect of value to performance ratio...

Fuse to whatever gauge you end up using.  The fuse is there to keep your car from catching fire in the event of a short, nothing else...

Whatever you do DO NOT buy CCA.  In fact, when I see a manufacturer that offers CCA at all I am highly suspect of value to performance ratio...

Fuse to whatever gauge you end up using.  The fuse is there to keep your car from catching fire in the event of a short, nothing else...

X2  Only 100% oxygen free copper for conductivity or you might as well be throwing away money ..

Thanks for the responses. So I'm thinking 1/0 OFC and a 350a fuse? That's what I've been seeing around the interwebs, is 350a for 1/0 at 3500 watts.

For 3500 watts you could probably get away with 250-300 amp fuse if that is all you can find...

I ran a 300 thru 1/0 on 3500rms, never failed. Worked just fine.

I ran a 300 thru 1/0 on 3500rms, never failed. Worked just fine.

This is what i use now

Awesome! Sorry for the late response, but thanks so much for the help!