Sign in to follow this  
SpeakerBoy

My first build for a customer

Hey guys, got a huge favor to ask, i'm doing my first build for a customer, for a neighbor, for an Icon 15d2 in about 4cubes @ 28hz forward firing in a 01 deville

What should I shoot for for port area, and have any of you done forward firing setups in a deville before? I'm tryna make a good impression lol. We're going to carpet it to match the trunk for a stealthy look, well, as stealthy as a ported fifteen can be lol. It'll fire through the ski pass.

I guess I'm super anxious about it since building for yourself you never have to worry about an upset customer, you just rebuild. Thanks in advance.

Edit:

It's for a blend of all types of music, and the mids and highs are the stock bose.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

Have you tried to model it to see what works with that size enclosure. Right now I have a box that is 3.51 @ 30.88hz with 54in^2 of port area for an Icon, wanted more port area but trunk space wouldn't allow it. With the Cadillac you have room for days.

Have you tried to model it to see what works with that size enclosure. Right now I have a box that is 3.51 @ 30.88hz with 54in^2 of port area for an Icon, wanted more port area but trunk space wouldn't allow it. With the Cadillac you have room for days.

My only working computer is an ibook g3, i'm not sure what would run on something that old

My only working computer is an ibook g3, i'm not sure what would run on something that old

Its time they make a decent app to model with.

I ran mine with 5 cu. net and 60 sq.in. of port per sub.

Each sub saw 1750 rms. on the older coils that were rated for 1000.

Had a ton of compliments from those who heard it.

I ran all my modeling on Termpak software and kept rebuilding and designing each enclosure

testing and retesting. This was in my opinion the loudest and most flat response I could get.

In my ranger I hit over a 150 on 3.5k at 32hz. just before I over excurded one of the coils

and jammed it up tight. Which was my own error playing a 5hz. tone way to loud.

Why firing forward?

playing a 5hz. tone way to loud.

that's just plain mean......... what did that sub do to you ???....LOL

reminds me of the time I unloaded all four 10" Icons right out of the basket with that Crown Reactor...  I almost cried.... Doh.gif

Why firing forward?

He'd like it to look as factory as possible. Going to hide anything that'll fit behind, or under a panel or carpet.

Should we order a zero gauge kit for the Brx 2000.1? I'm new to having the battery close to the trunk, haven't had a peek at the factory charging cables yet.

I wouldn't order anything till you know what's needed. Wait and take a look and then make a plan. Just throwing out questions for advice or suggestions without knowing your playing field is not the best approach. Always go big and order 1/0 regardless unless you know this person will never get the itch and want to go bigger. Battery being close or in the trunk should not determine what size wire to use. Yeah you could get away with 4 gauge for a short run of wire but if the amp takes 1/0, go with that. Just my .02

Edited by jay-cee

I wouldn't order anything till you know what's needed. Wait and take a look and then make a plan. Just throwing out questions for advice or suggestions without knowing your playing field is not the best approach. Always go big and order 1/0 regardless unless you know this person will never get the itch and want to go bigger. Battery being close or in the trunk should not determine what size wire to use. Yeah you could get away with 4 gauge for a short run of wire but if the amp takes 1/0, go with that. Just my .02

Bourbon has me lazy tonight, true that lol

Personally, I never order smaller than zero, just makes me feel better.

Edited by SpeakerBoy