Florida_Audio

Is this a good amp wiring kit for this amp?

The best recommendation I can think of making that will point you in the right direction for a good quality amplifier is to tell you to look at the selection of amplifiers that are available in the SSA store here with the forum. There's no horsecrap max rated amps on this store. 

Additionally to reiterate what these guys are trying to tell you, don't get so caught up in the numbers. You'll go around and around in circles scratching your head and asking questions about every little detail when in the grand scheme of things it's really not that relevant. So far you've not even given any kind of budget for the amp. That can help us give some recommendations and/or point you in a good direction. 

2 hours ago, lithium said:

no real point to doing that sort of testing unless your steve meade and you've cooked up another shitty plan to fleece idiots out of money. 

best to ask around on forums like this one for suggestions based on budget, size, and power requirement. 

new folks to car audio always seem to believe that matching amp power rating to speaker power rating is some sort of requirement. power rating for a speaker is just the thermal rating for a given period of time before the coil burns up. Amp power rating is equally irrelevant. I think you need to spend some time learning how speakers and amps work. This website is an old favorite of mine, http://www.bcae1.com/

thanks. yea ive seen a few things from that site. some things can be quite confusing lol. but the parts that i do understand are helpful. gotta take my time to learn these things sadly. i wish i could learn these things much faster :]

Ok so you are also sayins that matching the RMS is not going to improve sound quality?

Edited by Florida_Audio

1 hour ago, altoncustomtech said:

The best recommendation I can think of making that will point you in the right direction for a good quality amplifier is to tell you to look at the selection of amplifiers that are available in the SSA store here with the forum. There's no horsecrap max rated amps on this store. 

Additionally to reiterate what these guys are trying to tell you, don't get so caught up in the numbers. You'll go around and around in circles scratching your head and asking questions about every little detail when in the grand scheme of things it's really not that relevant. So far you've not even given any kind of budget for the amp. That can help us give some recommendations and/or point you in a good direction. 

budget for the amp is around $150. possibly $200 if its going to help alot. but id prefer to stay around $150 if possible.

thanks.

Power has no relation to sq. When u have the volume knob turned down you send less power to the speaker, right? Low volume doesn't sound bad, it's just quieter. 

CEA compliant testing is a joke too, still not a real standard.  Better than nothing, but again stop worrying about numbers that you don't understand at all and instead focus on getting a reputable amp.