pimpedout97x

help me out please

i have 2 sets of 6.5" diamond audio d661s...theyre not installed yet, im wondering if i should just run horns instead. i want STUPID RETARDED CRAZY loud highs...

heres a story of my 2 friends cars too...kinda weird.

my friend has (dont know the exact model) Eminence 6.5" speakers (from partsexpress i would imagine) in his 05 dodge neon off an amp(dont know the specs, was on offbrand amp tho)...he has them ghetto installed, they are just propped up on his rear deck, cones facing the front seats. no enclosure or anything. they get really loud inside, and really loud outside the car as well. u can hear him coming for a good distance(prally not the best SQ, but again im gonna have 2 15" mt's, so i just want really loud vs good SQ)

now my other friend, which i heard today back to back to my friends neon, has 2 sets of orion p6.2's on an orion 8004. he had them installed at a shop. they are in a 1995 volvo 960. the 1st set is in the front doors, and the tweets are mounted facing up on the top of the dash(facing up at headliner) the 2nd set is mounted in his rear deck, mids and tweets facing up at headliner....now...they get loud, but it seems like my friends cheap eminence's just ghetto mounted get just as loud, if not louder, and the orions dont sound nearly as loud outside the car...

is it just how they are mounted? how could it be made to be loud as hell inside and outside the car?

but my real question is, i have my 2 sets of diamond components...they are going in my 97 explorer. where/how should i mount them to be LOUD AS HELL inside and outside the car? i want to be heard BLOCKS away, and i deffinently dont want my friends $50 eminence speakers to be louder than mine. one set for sure is already glassed in the kick panels(tweets and mids) so those will be facing at me. the other set will be in the front doors, but where should i put the tweets?

and back to the beginning of the thread...should i run my current setup, or just get horns to be ungodly loud? or should i just get a 3rd set of components and another amp, and mount the mids/tweets facing towards the windshield in the wall behind my front seats(when its built)?

thanks to any who can help me.

VJ

saying that you want to be heard from blocks away will not get you much love or help here

saying that you want to be heard from blocks away will not get you much love or help here

people gotta understand that thats what ALOT of people want when they get a system

everybody sayin "its pointless trying to get loud outside" is just wasting their time. he wanna get loud, help him or dont say nothin at all. (not directed at you vladd but at the other people that are about to go against what pimpedout97x wants)

people gotta understand that thats what ALOT of people want when they get a system

everybody sayin "its pointless trying to get loud outside" is just wasting their time. he wanna get loud, help him or dont say nothin at all. (not directed at you vladd but at the other people that are about to go against what pimpedout97x wants)

the people who want a system to be heard down the block are compensating for either a lack of intelligence or a lack of penis size

have some respect for the other people on the road who dont want to hear your music

the people who want a system to be heard down the block are compensating for either a lack of intelligence or a lack of penis size

have some respect for the other people on the road who dont want to hear your music

thats probably 75% of the people with a system....thats the truth. thats what people want so like i said either help them or dont say anything. waste of everybodys time by sayin "its stupid"

just because it's what everybody wants doesnt mean that they aren't complete morons

just because it's what everybody wants doesnt mean that they aren't complete morons

thats your opinion....if somebody cant help then its pointless for them to reply

thats probably 75% of the people with a system....thats the truth. thats what people want so like i said either help them or dont say anything. waste of everybodys time by sayin "its stupid"

Then you grow up, and realize a "system" involves far more than a powerful substage, unless you're competing...

:)

ok..i'm ending this....

while building a powerful system, you are going to get heard. period. however, the goal shouldn't be to disturb the world around you. but that is indeed what people want. it's dumb and it's the reason noise laws are getting stricter.

that said...get back on topic or it's getting closed.

thank you.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

You want to be loud outside your car, mount your speakers on the outside of your car.

You want to be loud outside your car, mount your speakers on the outside of your car.

:wacky:

PA horns :)

Those would do it, but think about it seriously wouldn't it be WAY cooler to have a car that is quiet outside but more than twice as loud on the inside than your friends. That would really be much, much more impressive. And then you don't have to worry about getting jacked as much either.

wow thanks for the help guys! :squintfinger:

The next time you want help asking how to effectively break the law, this might not be the best place to come :)

A more responsibly-worded question would have gotten a much better response.

wow thanks for the help guys! :squintfinger:

The next time you want help asking how to effectively break the law, this might not be the best place to come :)

A more responsibly-worded question would have gotten a much better response.

x2 :+1:

I vote horns-----but you better EQ the hell out of them so people don't laugh too hard when they sound like SHIT-----also with the added eff. of the drivers they can be ALOT louder than a comp. set.

that is all

Get an ice cream truck and add a couple of woofers, you'll be heard for blocks and everyone will love you :idiot:

Edited by psycho72

Horns..

Just get some decent tweeters and you should be str8.

My highs are rediculous though, i got 2 tweeters on the dash,

horns under my seats,

and my 5x7 and 6x9's have tweeters on them as well,

and its all hooked up to that cheap pyramid amp i got, does wonders.

lol

But like i said just get u some nice tweeters and u'll be str8.

How did gettin that battery go anyway?

a simple yes or no is fine.

Under the seats? :D

"Oh chit, my soundstage is under my ass!"

ok..i'm ending this....

while building a powerful system, you are going to get heard. period. however, the goal shouldn't be to disturb the world around you. but that is indeed what people want. it's dumb and it's the reason noise laws are getting stricter.

that said...get back on topic or it's getting closed.

thank you.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

x infinity. well said mrray!

get a strong set of midbasses and some horns and dual 30band EQ's ;)

throw some ribbbon tweeters in there too and you will have a damn good sounding, damn loud set of mids/highs.

However, to set of horns and EQ them properly it takes intelegence and reading...im not going to comment on that. But i will reccomend this. Call up Second Skin and purchase a few hundred square feet of Damplifier and do 3-4 layres all over your vehicle. Then add overkill everywhere you can stuff it. Then keep your windows rolled up all the time so nobody can hear you outside...

In all honesty that is the coolest thing about my truck. 2-3 layres of damplifer on the doors and rear wall and you can barely hear anything outside iwth the truck sealed up (not much louder than the ambieant road/parking lot noise), when i open my door it gains 25-35dB.

Under the seats? :D

"Oh chit, my soundstage is under my ass!"

LMAO

yup, horns under the seat, if i ever get a camera other than my cell phone i'll post pics, but i had them in my rear window, but its way too loud, so its basicly filling the back seat up wt noise, lol