What is the problem with linking amps?  I always hear its not good to do on here.  I have my 2500s linked right now and wanna know what the problem people have with that is.   If it would be better I would get some rca splitters and just run one to each sub

I have never had a problem linking amps. I linked my Phoenix gold M100 and M50 back in the day with no problems. I think what your talking about is people say it's better to have one big amp for like subs then 2 smaller amps.  That way you don't have to power two amps for one signal. 

6 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

I have never had a problem linking amps. I linked my Phoenix gold M100 and M50 back in the day with no problems. I think what your talking about is people say it's better to have one big amp for like subs then 2 smaller amps.  That way you don't have to power two amps for one signal. 

No alot of people say Its Not good   to link or "strap" 2 amps together . Say Its better to run one amp to each sub

46 minutes ago, frogcase2002 said:

No alot of people say Its Not good   to link or "strap" 2 amps together . Say Its better to run one amp to each sub

Strapping amps can sometimes be easier, BUT if the strapping module on one of the amps goes bad it can take both amps out. I had that happen to a pair of Crescendo 3500's, ended up ruining both amps to the point they would no longer strap and would sometimes not work.

38 minutes ago, Julian said:

Strapping atps can sometimes be easier, BUstrappedhe strapping module on one of the amps goes bad it can take both amps out. I had that happen to a pair of Crescendo 3500's, ended up ruining both amps to the point they would no longer strap and would sometimes not work.

It seems like my amps protect alot. And Voltage will be In the low 13s . Sometimes high 12s.  Think that could be cause there strapped

18 hours ago, frogcase2002 said:

It seems like my amps protect alot. And Voltage will be In the low 13s . Sometimes high 12s.  Think that could be cause there strapped

Very possible, I generally have more issues linking than not. You can try unlinking them to see if that fixes the issues.

I've heard the protection on them don't work near as well when strapped! Reason why you hear not to do it most of the time.

And as stated one goes it's very likely to take the other with it.

What can I use other than y splitters to hook up multiple amps.  Think iv seen some kind of box that has an input and multiple outputs

Yeah they are called cock boxes, i forgot aho makes them. Some people even made their own.

Scott Bowman cockbox

Not allowed to post competitors links.

Careful googling that without Scott's name in it! Lmao

I had a brain fart I was talking about daisy chaining two amps not linking them together my bad. Yea I always prefer to run a amp a sub if I'm running multiple amps but if I have one sub amp and one highs mids amp i run the rca's throught one amp to the other. 

Some amps have a "mirror setting option", like the Incriminator Audio ones : you have one amp per sub, but you set only the first one. All the settings go  to the other amp with just the mirror link. I like that possibility.

A friend of mine ran 2 pair of Sundown  SAZ 1000's on 2 Xcons (later on 2 BTL) : They last for years before he sold them in mint conditions !