Sign in to follow this  
JimJ

Stuff.

OK...picture time. :takepix:

First, we have the leftovers from the TSX show...

banana9qe.th.jpg

Chad's bright yellow banana.

mrandmsyeti3do.th.jpg

Aiiiieee! The camera will steal my souuuuul! Note Rachel's look that says, "Tom is such an idiot..." :D

ghettoed7fk.th.jpg

Dave's wiring when we pulled out the Revo. Friends don't let friends use butt connectors. Dave = teh fired.

wiring4po.th.jpg

Where's the positive lead for the outboard processor? Oh yeah, it's held together with electrical tape and dreams. Also visible is the Sundown Audio monoblock :)

OK...Field Day 2006 stuff. The weather absolutely sucked, but at least we had cigars and beer, the cause was not all lost.

antenna5oy.th.jpg

The VHF antenna array, three elements on six meters with the top antenna for 2 meters. VHF propagation actually was pretty good.

bus6up.th.jpg

The Unified Command bus at night...this was about five minutes before the onboard generator blew a fuse and wouldn't start back up again for the rest of the night. Missed the AC :(

piedmont9vo.th.jpg

For the past couple years, the local electric co-op has been kind enough to let us use a bucket truck over the weekend, as a mobile 40+ foot antenna support. Comes in real handy, though in an actual emergency we'd have to make do without it :D

ants0po.th.jpg

Some of the antennas. The scale is a little misleading - the mast on the left is 66 feet tall, it's a quarter-wave vertical for 80 meters. The smaller one is for the 10 meter band.

Alright...new pics of the preamp.

pre12ul.th.jpg

t00bz1hh.th.jpg

pre21gf.th.jpg

Toobz! And what's this, a remote? Werd. Now I wonder if a universal remote will work with this...hehe.

pre32nc.th.jpg

The power supply is a seperate unit, so it doesn't take up space internally. Connects to the main chassis with a locking DIN plug.

pre45np.th.jpg

pre55ns.th.jpg

pre60ft.th.jpg

pre76gp.th.jpg

Two preamp outputs, so one goes to the monoblocks, the other goes to the low-level inputs on the Adire Rava instead of the high level inputs I had been using before.

That's it...run along now...

Paris Hilton, "That's Hot!"

Now that's a remote even my woman can understand: Two buttons! Looks sweet, jealous my non-existent listening room is.

Which Rava (original/series II, color, upgraded, etc...) do you have???

:ttiwwop:

Mine's an original vlack with the upgraded DPL12 driver.

nice pix

Elias - EH isn't too bad, they have a tendency to be microphonic but we'll see. I probably wouldn't have bought those given the choice. But those Mullards are British made NOS's, primo tubes :)

Oldschool - I think I have the original, plain old Shiva version...light oak finish. The Shiva had the standard foam gasket around the front, while the DPL looked a little more "finished", right? I know the baskets were different, but I haven't pulled out the driver to check.

new35cz.jpg

Very nice Jim :)

love the black and white shots

Yes, he is in FL with his GF and he took the trip up

bingo