Sign in to follow this  
ArrizX

VIP styling my car

Okay, as you all kind of maybe, but probably done know, I have a Mercedes 1991 190E 2.3 trim car.

As its a mercedes the engine would kill to upgrade. So thats where the VIP syling comes in.

What should I do?

3acf7883536919562ad34309e6891050.th.jpg 86504098b3eff8d6e2ed2c60e5e7ef7c.th.jpg 567a7d3b21948d8dccb1ec347c5147b4.th.jpg df5eafeb2d909d42b3b15de961bc376b.th.jpg e428069bedba74adb841566b999af1a4.th.jpg 31eaf8ef2f2666f656186c13ca27a54d.th.jpg

Images Gallery with PicTiger

Yes, there is some problems with the car, like the replaced light casing, and the bumper.

Other then then, pretty straight car (meaning no dents).

And I know with VIP style that oversized rims, like DUBs are often put on.

And I dont think ill keep the car long enough to justify the body kit.

Although, suspension isnt a big problem. So Ill probably do that. Rims are EXPENSIVE!!, although I might do it, just because if I sell the car, I can resell the rims seperatly.

Just, all in all, what do you guys think should be done to my car?

BTW, I know I probably should have gone to the customized your vehical site, but I didnt wanna make another account.

So i just decided to do it here.

Also, I was told to try and ride like the yakuza (sp) Lol :D

I think a set of new wheels would really accent it, but make sure it goes with the rest of the car...meaning anything over 18" or so would look silly. And I'd probably stay away from chrome as well.

Ride height doesn't look too bad, and it looks very clean overall. If the paint was in worse condition I'd say get it changed to a darker color, an MB like that would look very sharp in black with gray trim, but it looks good the way it is.

Thank you for not going over to CYV with this, nothing wrong with us here :fing34:

Lol well you guys were linked, so I thought I might get shunned.

Anyways, my brother will shoot me if I get chrome, so im all for gunmetal or black.

I really want these..

http://customwheel.com/custom_wheels/produ...products_id/938

Mainly because they are the only black rims I can find for my car so far.

None the less they look pretty damn cool. Also, maybe a gunmetal, or how would a white set look?

As for ride height.. Well, Id like to take it down at least 2'' on front and back. The pictures really dont show ride height too well.

Not a fan of black wheels on a white car...but that's just IMO.

IMO go gunmetal.........would accent the white as it sits.........plus with how the interior is styled it will flow really nicely...........I also agree over 18" is too much.

J

Yeah, thats a good idea. Lol man.. now its going to be hell to find gunmetal rims to fit this car.

I also just got this advice

Arrizx, you know what you should do?

You shouldn't spend a dime on the car, drive it till you get tired of it and want a new one and save your money for the next car. Drive it to school and work just like it is and save your money.

No offense man, but that car is ugly. I don't think rims and bodykits and spoilers would make it look better. Just save all that for the next car, one that you want, one that can be upgraded easier and look better in the process. In my opinion, that is not a car that really is made for upgrading.

This is just my opinion man..again...no offense.

But thats what I would do, especially with a car that was given to you, save money and just drive it till it dies.

Thats a good idea and all, but the thing is that im keeping this car through highschool. Unless a kick ass deal blows by. Id like to get a nice 6th gen honda, and do literally whatever I like to that. One of the SI's, but I cant sell my car to get money, and hope I find a car to buy. Because in that time, ill need to go to school and have a life, lol you know?

So eh....

kick a few dents in it and wax it without rubbing the wax off, then leave it in the sun, then sand the paint off of the hood. Then smean bird chit on the roof.

Then proceed to put in a really nice system. People will never suspect it. They will be all like "oh that is just some 16 year old kid with a chitty mercedes"

Right now it is too nice, you need to make it chitty.

Just kidding. Some rims would accent it well. Something like M-Class rims, or chrome with a black lip. :)

No bigger than 18" and dont go low pro, good looking rubber > low pro.

Drop it just a hair and keep it classy, think rich old man...not gangster or rock star :)

I'd rather have your car than a 6th gen honduh; however, as a Benz it is fairly mundane so I wouldn't do to much. I also think keeping it a bit German looking is better than not as well. You shouldn't try to make it look fast, just nice. Brushed Aluminum wheels would look good on that car, and considering what it is I wouldn't go under or over 17's. The next thing I'd do is get rid of that black. Benz must have had a sport delete part for that thing that you could find used and cheap. Other than that I'd just buff the piss out of it and make her shine. Since the 2.3 isn't exactly a rocket suspension, brakes, and the other performance bolt-ons would be a waste in my book. If that is your goal you should sell the car right away and get one with a larger engine instead. It will be way cheaper and more reliable. For me that car smells of a new set of understated rims, some new rubber, and just ridding of the excess crap trim.

kick a few dents in it and wax it without rubbing the wax off, then leave it in the sun, then sand the paint off of the hood. Then smean bird chit on the roof.

Then proceed to put in a really nice system. People will never suspect it. They will be all like "oh that is just some 16 year old kid with a chitty mercedes"

Right now it is too nice, you need to make it chitty.

Just kidding. Some rims would accent it well. Something like M-Class rims, or chrome with a black lip. :)

No bigger than 18" and dont go low pro, good looking rubber > low pro.

Drop it just a hair and keep it classy, think rich old man...not gangster or rock star :)

Well, I kinda like the skinny tires. I mean I dont overly big rims. I was thinking 18'' would look great. Why only drop it a hair? I think it rides a bit too high right now, and dropping it a hair wouldnt do much.

Depends on what method you use to drop it really. I can't imagine a kit is very cheap for a Benz. One for my car (with components worth using) is in the realm of 2-3k.

I'd rather have your car than a 6th gen honduh; however, as a Benz it is fairly mundane so I wouldn't do to much.  I also think keeping it a bit German looking is better than not as well.  You shouldn't try to make it look fast, just nice.  Brushed Aluminum wheels would look good on that car, and considering what it is I wouldn't go under or over 17's.  The next thing I'd do is get rid of that black.  Benz must have had a sport delete part for that thing that you could find used and cheap.  Other than that I'd just buff the piss out of it and make her shine.  Since the 2.3 isn't exactly a rocket suspension, brakes, and the other performance bolt-ons would be a waste in my book.  If that is your goal you should sell the car right away and get one with a larger engine instead.  It will be way cheaper and more reliable.    For me that car smells of a new set of understated rims, some new rubber, and just ridding of the excess crap trim.

So.. Make the whole body pure white?

Brushed aluminum would look nice, sounds expensive, lol remember, im 15, so I cant (yet) dump cash into the car.

I dont plan on performance parts, except for the suspension, just to lower it.

Man, whats everyone got for those 17''. Lol, like I said, I think that a set of 18'' would look nice. Because I want the rims to fill up the whole wheel (is it called a ''well'').And I was thinkin skinny tires, because it shows off the rim more. And with skinny tires, id ne bigger rims..

Although, I do see how a 17'' with thicker tires could look pretty tight.

There is not a whole lot of rubber on 18's.

12115272137.jpg

My car is ~2.5" lower than a stock 535 or 525. 1991 vintage boxy BMW not unlike your Benz. Since you don't have the sport drivetrain and can't hold wide rubber, I just think less is more a bit in this case which is why I like 17's. Plus it will save you probably $500. Before you do anything, I'd check on the price of suspension kits it may change your mind.

I wouldn't go all white, but just clean up some of the extra unecessaries.

So, you saying that I could possibly loose some handling? With wide tires and 18''?

Lol, i do like the idea of savin 500 bucks.. And the suspension isnt as expensive as you would think... (post 13)

Depends on what method you use to drop it really.  I can't imagine a kit is very cheap for a Benz.  One for my car (with components worth using) is in the realm of 2-3k.

Actually, I found a kit that would drop it perfect dimentions for about 700.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/HNR310061?vq_id=none

With 18's and coilovers that car will not have a nice ride. Coilovers are great for the track or when driving like you are on a track, but really don't take to the street all that well. There are exceptions, but unless you want bone jarring I'd beware.

If you are going to do the suspension you should do:

springs, struts & shocks, sway bars, I really like to do new/better bushings, and if required a camber plate -- but probably $2500

So, you saying that I could possibly loose some handling? With wide tires and 18''?

Lol, i do like the idea of savin 500 bucks.. And the suspension isnt as expensive as you would think... (post 13)

Not lose handling, but change the nature of the car. You may cause it to understeer or oversteer greatly plus the extra rolling weight of larger rims (unless you go forged or real light cast) will wreak a bit of havoc on that little drivetrain. It will slow it down and make it feel more sluggish including in the corners.

If you are just going for look, you don't need to do everything that I listed but if you do any you really should do it all...I'd have a hard time recommending anything else.

I'd do some searching for what tuners were doing to the larger engined E's from your era. You may find a Euro sport package, or a few body pieces that will really set the car off. You will also find a large array of different looks for how tires fit cars. Euro's love to feel the wheel well all the way out, many round fenders as well to make room.

I'd guess (guess) a set of rims and tires could be had for $800. You may have to compromise a bit at that price, but it should be possible.

You don't have to do what I preach, it is just my .02$

Well, you have some really good ideas. Thanks.. BUT! However, really you say do a bit of everything, or dont do it at all?

Im not sure what you mean? I think i could get away with at least doing the rims and it would look good those stand alone.

I'd say just the rims, buff the paint hella well, and try to get rid of some of the black...........its a kick ass car and could ba amazing with some work.

J

Well, ''with some work''. That doesnt say much. As you more should be done then make it shine, and getting rid of the black? And other then the rims..?

Well, ''with some work''. That doesnt say much. As you more should be done then make it shine, and getting rid of the black? And other then the rims..?

how's the interior?? Glass tinted nicely?? Stereo system?? Taillights clean and look right??

J