you going to try it?

I dunno, tomorrow I'm hooking up a PC I built about two years ago as my dad's dedicated home theater PC. It'll be connected to a projecter so I hope it turns out well. He's a pilot so he plans on using it alot to fly the simulator on it. I owe him some upgrades on it, and this chip and new motherboard might be in its future.

THat would be sweet, if you do it make a photo log.

Pentium D 805 is so last month ... With recent price drops from AMD and the Core 2 Duo processors coming out very shortly, anyone who buys a Pentium D at this point is either a) part retarded or B) an Intel fanboy who can't wait a week

Wow Jmac. I don't know what I did but now your avater has some really nice anti-aliasing in it. *shrugs*

I contacted Newegg via their "talk to a rep" applet. I learned that 1) the applet doesn't work in Opera, 2) the applet doesn't work in Firefox, and 3) the techs all say "Keep checking the site, when they're in, they'll be posted. Can't tell you anymore than that."

You could get a Core 2 Duo off Tigerdirect, but their status is the same, they're just "on backorder" meaning you'll get it just as slowly as Newegg and you also get their markup. =\

Edited by Scarenius

Nifty. But I dont need to overclock to get near that spead for not much more :D.

I guess you guys are missing the point, but its cool to brag i guess.

No I get it. The thing is it is consumeing 500w of power at 4.1Ghz and it still doesnt have all that fast of a FSB. You are talking 6a of current at the wall to run JUST THE PROCESSOR. That will be one hell of an electric bill to run it like we run our server with 3.9Ghz processing speed and a lot faster FSB.

Then you have to run everything else including a graphics card. We are talking 800w of power...Two power supplies to run a single home PC? Hardly economical.

Im not even bringing up the issue of cooling 470 some odd watts being released from 100cm^2.

:rolleyes: I don't think you'd want to run it that extreme, even though it has the capability. I'm not going to argue about it anymore.

No I get it. The thing is it is consumeing 500w of power at 4.1Ghz and it still doesnt have all that fast of a FSB. You are talking 6a of current at the wall to run JUST THE PROCESSOR. That will be one hell of an electric bill to run it like we run our server with 3.9Ghz processing speed and a lot faster FSB.

Then you have to run everything else including a graphics card. We are talking 800w of power...Two power supplies to run a single home PC? Hardly economical.

Im not even bringing up the issue of cooling 470 some odd watts being released from 100cm^2.

That's 475 watts for the entire system at 100% load ...

loadad4.gif

I don't think that is ridiculous power consumption at all. My four year old PC has enough of a power supply to run it.

That's 475 watts for the entire system at 100% load ...

loadad4.gif

I completely over looked that.:detail:

I retract my past statements.

MY 65W Mac Mini FTW!!!

Cheap to run and plenty fast.