flakko

All eD bashing aside, what do you think?

the crossover looks cheap, liek that's where they are saving their money.

the option to mount the tweeters either in the cone or as a seperate isn't new. i have yet to see a speaker where to change it is a hard thing to do either...

and i love the preproduction part. why can't they come out with the item first and then sell it? i mean actually stock the damn things.

i wouldn't buy them. i'll spend a bit more money and get the memphis syncs.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

If you're getting them for the fact that they can work as coaxials, get expensive coaxials and not cheap components. Otherwise a little more money could get RE REs or Rainbow Dreamlines.

Edited by Scarenius

If you're getting them for the fact that they can work as coaxials, get expensive coaxials and not cheap components. Otherwise a little more money could get RE REs or Rainbow Dreamlines.

i dont think that by putting the tweeter on the cone makes them coaxials.....the difference between coaxials and components are that it comes with a crossover.....so actually you would want cheap components over expensive coaxials, i think.

Well, technically speaking that eD set is coaxial because the tweeter and mid are on the same axis.

So does eD still have CDT build their comps or is it all in-house now?

i dont think that by putting the tweeter on the cone makes them coaxials.....the difference between coaxials and components are that it comes with a crossover.....so actually you would want cheap components over expensive coaxials, i think.

By definition, "coaxial" mounting implies the tweet is mounted in the center of the mid. Doesn't matter if the Xover is a simple 6dB/oct cap or an extensive 24dB/oct two-way network with impedance correction.

I still wouldn't trade my Sync6's for 'em anytime soon, though :D

if u like it get it i'm sure its 1mil opinions

Well, technically speaking that eD set is coaxial because the tweeter and mid are on the same axis.

So does eD still have CDT build their comps or is it all in-house now?

The xovers look like CDT ones still

I will never send them my money. There are good deals on A/D/S on ebay every once in a while. There are Crystals that are great for the price floating around too.

Hardly. They are probably over rated, poor build quality, and cheap crossover with good speakers < good crossover with decent speakers.

Not only does eD have a bad business rep, they also over rate a lot of their products and over hype them and let the spectulation run on their hell hole which is 1000 time worse than the place of which we do not speak.

Hardly. They are probably over rated, poor build quality, and cheap crossover with good speakers < good crossover with decent speakers.

Not only does eD have a bad business rep, they also over rate a lot of their products and over hype them and let the spectulation run on their hell hole which is 1000 time worse than the place of which we do not speak.

just checked your birthday and now i understand your posts. have you ever owned any ed products? the amps are pretty good and bench tests have proven they are underrated.

how do you know anything about the crossover? have you seen it in person or tested one? i didn't think so, i'm not an ed fanboy by any means but i find it stupid to bash something you have no experience with.

Age has jack chit to do with knowledge?

Yes I have used eDuh produts including the Nine.1...which was no more powerful than my BX1205D by ear. It is a proven fact Ben overrated the Xmax parameters on a number of his drivers, most notable the 6.5's. He also lets the hype run wild on ISUX. His drivers have proven sub par in that price range as far as internet direct sales go. Would you like me to keep going?

The only eD product I've had hands on with that was worth a flap jack was my e12a.

As far as the Xovers, all anyone can do is spectualte. I was making a statment that they look cheap/chitty. Does that mean they are? Not nessicarily but eD's track record leaves much to be desired.

They ARE cheap, i was saying they are probably worth $125. what do you expect for that price? the crossovers actually look like the ones made by Helix on the outside anyways.

and you are saying it didn't sound louder than an equally rated amp by ear, what did you expect, double the output?

Considering the BX1205D is luckey to do 1000w clean and Ben's cronies claim 1500w clean there should be some sort of audible difference.

So much for "all eD bashing aside".

:noevil:

There is a difference between bashing and stating fact about business practices and reputation. :)

I personally never had any problems with them, of course i did make sure everything i ordered was in stock, something you should do everytime.

There is a difference between bashing and stating fact about business practices and reputation. :)

the thing is, we were asked not to bash eD, bashing of the product or the opposite, ie: our opinion, was asked for. stating fact about his rep and practices is still bashing considering his rep and practices....

overall, id' say joe is right...your looking at a $125 set of componets. yeah, the xovers look cheap, i made the first post about such.

but as of yet, noone has heard these componets, looked at these componets or done anything more then specualate. shit, they could be great for their price, which is comparable top memphis pr's, ie; entry level. that means cheap...lol....or at least cheap looking.

eDuh's owner aside, these might be an inexpensive option for one to consider....but not me.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I personally never had any problems with them, of course i did make sure everything i ordered was in stock, something you should do everytime.

which was another issue i mentioned...

preproduction. you'd think....

nevermind, that's going into the bashing part...lol...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Korea? :noevil: