Swimmerdude

RL-p SPL Numbers

Hey,

What are some numbers you guys have been hitting with you Rl-p's.... whether it may be for straight SPL use or just a daily driver and got it metered.

I didn't really find any numbers of the Rl-p's and searching didnt help really.

If you could, name Car it was in, power, box, and size of Rl-p's.

:thanx:

there is a member here that has 4 in a wall, and I think he posted up initial numbers a few months ago,

plus last year jellyfish had 2 15's with some big power on them, I dont remember what he hit,

but most every SPL number with the RL-ps were in boxes tuned fairly low from what I remember, so not the best for peak figures

I just sold my 15" Rlp's i had three in a 02 chevy pickup club cab with 3 memphis PR1000d's.....anyway i had them tuned to 46hz below the window line with the aero ports up and subs firing foward.... my best score on the new tl was a 153.6 in the kick 151.4 on the dash all sealed up...it took awhile to figure out the right box but yes they can get loud.....didnt compete with the truck though just was built for it and show (damn gas prices) i just use my car to compete.....

Hey,

What are some numbers you guys have been hitting with you Rl-p's.... whether it may be for straight SPL use or just a daily driver and got it metered.

I didn't really find any numbers of the Rl-p's and searching didnt help really.

If you could, name Car it was in, power, box, and size of Rl-p's.

:thanx:

I hit 144.4dB on the new TL mic in my '97 Honda Civic Is, @ 52hz. Could've hit more if tuned higher...

82 litre enclosure tuned to ~34hz for LSQ. Sounded great, not sure if I can say I've heard anything like it sooner or later.

Stock electrical system, and a cheapass 3000W RMS amp pushing 6-700 watts into the RL-p (the 60A fuse on the 2 gauge didn't break). :)

I hit 144.4dB on the new TL mic in my '97 Honda Civic Is, @ 52hz. Could've hit more if tuned higher...

82 litre enclosure tuned to ~34hz for LSQ. Sounded great, not sure if I can say I've heard anything like it sooner or later.

Stock electrical system, and a cheapass 3000W RMS amp pushing 6-700 watts into the RL-p (the 60A fuse on the 2 gauge didn't break). :)

WTF, why does "S-Q-L" automatically become LSQ? I know it's what it should've been, but come on - "S-Q-L" is so well established! :)

Edited by Boomboxx

LSQ makes sence

S Q L does not.

what does s-q-l stand for ? sound quality loud ???

lsq makes a lot of sense to me : loud sound quality.

yeah, s q l gets changed automaticly through our software's word filter system. :lol2: that was done after a vote was taken reflecting the above stated opinions.

gotta roll with it, we're on a mission to correct a mistake.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Actually, when pronounced "Sound Quality - LOUD!"

S Q L makes a little sense. Maybe that's where it came from, who knows.

'02 blazer xtreme, 2 15" rl-p's, 1 power acoustik 3000d, 6cubes ported to 34hz, CRX style box (subs up, ports back), 200amp HO alt, 2 redtop batts. = 153.9DB's. :fing34: