Sign in to follow this  
cougarballa2k5

10" SSD Application Specific SPL Advice Question

Okay here is the setup.

10 inch SSD in a 1.7ft^3 enclosure w/ 6" Aero ~26" Effective

The goal is to peak around 48 - 52hz. I have a 20.1 for power (D2 SSD). Vehicle is a 1998 Explorer

TWO QUESTIONS

1 - Do you think it will be effective? Or a GOOD place to start?

2 - Do you think it will take the 20.1 for burps?

I would also like an answer as spl numbers go. Im running a 10" SSD in a wagon with 800 watts.

in general people don't buy ssd 10's to throw up spl numbers

and no it wont take a 20.1...too much power

20.1 = Incriminator Audio

I was not asking for any spl numbers :-D I know better than that!!

But, I was wanting to take a cheaper 10" but sitll good 10" driver and get it as loud as I could....is the SSD not a good choice? I should pony up the extra dough and get a BL?

As far as that box I outlined goes, is it a potshot......should I cut down on volume? I thought it may be too big. I guess for a BL now.....since the SSD isn't up to the 20.1 challenge :-p.

Don't be scared to give me a real opinion nick, I promise I won't hold you to it. I'm just looking for educated comments from people that know a thing or two. I won't get crazy if it flops when you said "build it I think it may work". I'm not an e-tard :-D

EDIT - And I also know that my application and power will void warranty on many drivers, not scared of that either. Basically I'm wanting to fool around with some things.....and not roadmasters :-D

Edited by cougarballa2k5

Sign in to follow this