Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.
3 posts in this topic
By Aaron Clinton
Name will be finalized shortly, as will specs, price and availability, so if you ask any of those questions I don't have an answer just yet. This is long over due, as we have needed an 8" sub for a decade now. Those of you who have been along for the ride, might remember we had a Dcon8 built 9 years ago, but production never happened due to cost of making it here in the USA.
Production has not been kicked off yet, but we are VERY close. Some minor changes inside (unable to be seen from photos below) are being made to the design before we kick off. I am very pleased from the performance of the prototype and the output is very strong for an 8. It is a lower Qts. sub and really is surprising in a ported enclosure, while still being well behaved sealed. This is moving to an overhung, 2.5" copper coil, with a shorting ring.. Will be available in D2/D4, and an Fs right around 32.1hz.
The sonic goal, (sound signature) was to have some of the warmth of the Icon, mixed with the crispness of the current Gcon. I feel, it is very close to that target. Currently, it is getting fed by the SSA prototype IC2200.1 @ 4 ohms mono (roughly 700+ watts). The 8 blends quite well with the Evil6.5's, and is not at all sweating the power being sent.
Yes, the market segment that it is going to end up in is currently pretty packed, and this is not a revolutionary design, but it will be an extremely competitive driver in the top of the 8" cone 2.5" coil sub market, that is right on par with our current models and the sound is excellent, even to my picky ears. I am very excited to get these rolling and available by the end of spring.
A little TBT link, the original Dcon8, it is on the far right in this photo:
- 27 Raptor 1/0 AWG Ring Terminals $20
- Install Edge 5 pack remote wires [IEC P 3x5-6] 6 feet $15
- 2 packs Install Edge 6.6 ft RCA cables [IRC GAC2] $7 each or $10 for both
- 8 4 way Knu Konceptz 1/0AWG in 4 8AWG out $8 each or all for $55
- 50ft 16AWG speaker cable spool $5
- Install Edge Remote wire [IEC P18 X5-6] 18AWG $5
- Knu Konceptz kolossus Flex 1/0 AWG Red power cable 44 ft $125; 8ft $25; 10.5ft $35 (all for 175)
- 13 ft Q power 1/0 AWG Super Flex on spool $25; 15ft on spool $30
- Approx 400 ft 16AWG Q power speaker wire on spool $40
- Stinger 150 amp circuit breaker $25
- 6 Install Edge Speaker Savers [IEC CAP 133] $6 per pack or all 6 pairs for $30
- 2 2packs Rockford Fosgate 8AWG Ring Terminals $5 each or both for $7.50 -
2 Rockford Fosgate Side mount battery terminals $9 each or both for $15 -
Rockford Fosgate 2 output top mount battery terminal $10
- Rockford Fosgate RCA coupler $5
- Rockford Fosgate 10 AWG Amp kit (no RCA wires) 17 ft $30
- Rockford Fosgate pack of 2 100amp MAXI fuses $10
- Knu Konceptz Negative top mount terminal $10 -
Metra Honda Harness [BB-WHHDI] $10 -
Metra Inpala/Monte Carlo [XSVI-2105] $35 - Metra GM 88-05 22 pin harness [70-1858] $5
- Pair of Dynex square box terminal cups $2
- Dynex OEM Ford Radio removal tools $8
- Stinger Blue HPM voltage meter [SVMB] $15
- Tsunami Marine ANL fused distro, 1/0 AWG IN, 2 1/0AWG out $20
- Generic ANL fuse holder, no cover $5 -
Mini RCA stereo Y cable $2 - 14ft Raptor RCA cable $10
- 16 ft Monster RCA cable $20 -
Stinger 1/0 AWG ring terminal $4 -
2 2male 1female RCA adapter $5 each or both for $7.50
- 1 RCA to RCA dual male wire 9" $2 -
2 Street wires RCA cables in bags 19.69 ft [ZN1260] $7.50 each or both for $10 -
ANL fuses, 2 200amp, 4 250 amp, 2 300 amp, 4 100 amp, 2 500 amp. 500 amp are $5 per pair others are $3 per pair, or all for $30
Total price when purchased individually: $761 Buy the whole lot: $650
Open to trades, Nikon FX lenses and other photography equipment are of special interest. Feel free to contact with questions. Thanks for looking!!
- Viper 500.4, missing xo cover, and right mounting feet. $300
- MTX Road Thunder XO's for componants. $20 for the pair
- Eclipse SC-8355/8365 XO's for componants $50 for the paid
- Phoenix Gold Octane 4.0 2 amp. $150
- JL Audio 500/1. Missing some side screws. Not 100% on what the guts condition is, and last I remember looking it was fine. $125
- Digital Designs DD C1. $140
ORIGINAL RE XXX 12" to come, as well as more amps. I'd love to sell everything as a lot, and am willing to make deals. Only thing trade wise I would be after is Nikon FX lenses, but feel free to offer up. Pics are all on the link below.
Been running ampere audio amps, for some time. Used the DSP also. Still have the comp sets in the doors in my car.
Fine gear. Lets see yours
Old build in the blazer. 4 3800.s at .5 , 2 125.4's on the doors.
Ampere 9k in my trunk build. Things huge.
Current rig/set up. 6-3800's at .5, 2- 75.4's on the doors.
Who's Online 0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)
There are no registered users currently online