I like the Samsung...but they have to get rid of the sloped glass.  Makes the case options strange to me.  If you like a bulky super safe case you won't notice, but I don't normally use a case.  Considering all the new phones are all glass I think I have to though as the metal on mine is dinged up pretty bad.  Would shatter glass I guess :(

I run the otterbox commuter case on my Note 8, I like it.  Helps keep the fingers off that stupid curved bezel.  

That case is HUGE.  I haven't run a case in forever and if the new phones weren't stupidly glass everywhere I still wouldn't.  I want a metal framed phone with enough bezel so that corner drops bend the case not the screen.  Alas, no such thing.

120294d1510294506t-super-thin-peel-case-

That is about all I can handle

The more digging I do, the more it seems like I need to survive until after CES when some phones get released.

October was the big release month.  I don't think much is coming at CES.

Thinking I may Pixel atm.  If the Sammy's didn't have the curved screen then maybe one would win.

18 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Thinking I may Pixel atm.  If the Sammy's didn't have the curved screen then maybe one would win.

The Pixel has been where I have been leaning so far.  I need to go mess with one this weekend.

I am pretty much sold.  Mostly because Android Pie is a huge upgrade and the Samsung nonsense drives me nuts.  Both the Sammy user interface and the stupidity of the curved glass.  Sucks because hardware wise the Note 9 is fucking sweet.

6 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

The Pixel has been where I have been leaning so far.  I need to go mess with one this weekend.

When can I expect you?

15 hours ago, nem said:

When can I expect you?

To buy a phone or to come up? 

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

They will be $200 off next week

Nice, probably won't buy it out right though.

20 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

To buy a phone or to come up? 

To play with a pixal. I can have mine charged up. ;)

1 minute ago, nem said:

To play with a pixal. I can have mine charged up. ;)

Haha soon.  I actually mentioned to Lindsey about this weekend being an openish weekend for the first time in ages.  But due to the travel last weekend, all the stuff coming up, she wants a shut down easy weekend that we can get things planned and prepared for the holiday.

1 hour ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Haha soon.  I actually mentioned to Lindsey about this weekend being an openish weekend for the first time in ages.  But due to the travel last weekend, all the stuff coming up, she wants a shut down easy weekend that we can get things planned and prepared for the holiday.

Just give me a heads up to make sure I don't work when you come up.

On 11/13/2018 at 10:04 AM, Aaron Clinton said:

Sean never steers me wrong, except occasionally in Fantasy Football. ;) 

Jesus man I'm gonna have to start proof reading my posts better! I'm glad you people are somewhat intelligent because on second glance that post made zero sense.

I was talking about the Otter Box! They're not quite as expensive as they once were and the V30+ is quite slim and slick as hell. Worth buying a little protection.

Either the Pixel 3XL or the S9+ will be ordered here in the next day.

Trying to decide if the Ram management is enough to push me to the Samsung.

Considering my app choices are: Internet, Email, Music, Smarthome remote stuff & Camera I am not sure it matters....but as always I second guess EVERYTHING.

My guess is they will fix that, but if not I don't want one.  if they do fix it I would prefer the Pixel.  Ugh.  Have to decide while they are on sale this week too.

Just ordered the Pixel.  My only concern is the multi-tasking bug that reloads apps when you switch between them.  Fix is supposedly on the way as I expect this is an Android Pie difficulty.  If not, I'll return it if it bugs me.

Wanted a white one, but wasn't waiting until Jan 3rd for delivery. :(  Black it is.

Contemplating this case....but ordered a Spigen for $12 while I contemplate.

moment-home-gear.png

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Contemplating this case....but ordered a Spigen for $12 while I contemplate.

moment-home-gear.png

Woah, is that the pixel?

Not sure, I assume so as I don't think there are any iPhones with a round fingerprint reader.  Moment only makes lenses for the iphone and pixel.

Case is $30, lenses are $90 or so each.  The wide is the one that helps the most, but curious since the pixel doesn't have two lenses if the tele wouldn't help as well.

The S9 only wins in the multitasking domain as the 6gb of ram and the way it manages it is better.  Everything else including battery life, camera, user interface etc are better on the pixel.  I think the multitasking has to do with Pie vs Oreo which means it may bite Samsung on their next update.  Hiding from the curved glass seemed like a no brainer to me.

....but yet I almost bought the Samsung.  Lag bugs the FUCK out of me.

Interesting info.  It does make a lot of sense for me to lean towards the Pixel.  Still haven't made it to a store yet to check it out in person.