bigger_george

has anyone gotten a chance to mess with the 2007 HUs?

I'm lookin at a few units with time alignment and won't break the bank. Eclipse and Clarion are the ones I've paid specific attention to. I kinda want to keep my Eclipse 8053 but would like some of the new features like USB/bluetooth. I am looking at HUs with time alignment and possibly a decent crossover built in but not necessary as I am thinkin of getting an external one. Anyone with first-hand experience or links to reviews?

we've got the new clarions, currently up to the dxz775mp. while i haven't played with the time alignment yet, the crossovers are nice. i don't think they are a true 6 volt deck though. but for the price, we sell the 775 for $299, you get usb input, another aux input, ipod capability through canet, changer controls, the above mentioned TA, sub control, high/low pass filters, sat ready, color change screen and ~ 6volt/6 ch outputs. that's a whole lotta deck for the money.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Yeah that is the one I'm specifically looking at. How variable are the crossovers? Are they full range?

According to the local dealer here, only the venerable 9255 will do what you ask; however, he's an idiot and I haven't checked otherwise since I am not in the market bit it isn't a great year for those of us who want to run active via a headunit.

Anything is better than what Alpine has had out for the last 2 years. The only plus is the nice iPod interface on the '06 models. I'm slowly weaning myself away from Alpine or the need for any HU processing at all in anticipation of running everything from the factory HU in the new car because it is so fully integrated into the ergos and computer of the car. Climate, nav, etc... all integrated into the factory HU.

ell, i don't want to active it completely off the HU. I was planning to get an exernal electronic crossover later on. I would like the crossover to be able to have a higher range frequency to bandpass my rear mids tho.

Yeah that is the one I'm specifically looking at. How variable are the crossovers? Are they full range?

i'm not for sure, but will play with it tomorrow some and let you know. i'm going to assume some range as my clarion dxz955mc has. of course it's set up for active and three way setups.

i don't believe you'll touch anything eclipse for that money with those features. even sony, which in my opinion typically offers the most bang for the buck, can't really touch this years clarions price/feature mix.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

both HPF and LPF can be set at through, 50, 80, and 125hz. lpf is sub only.

still haven't played with the the TA yet. but i'll goof with it later.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

damm that sux; I guess I'd definitely have to get a separate crossover then.. Hope the time alignment is a little bit nicer. Thanks for the help man.

I agree with Helotaxi

someone tell alpine that they can make pre-outs greater than 4volt :sadwavey:

I agree with Helotaxi

someone tell alpine that they can make pre-outs greater than 4volt :sadwavey:

Who cares about preout voltage?!? I'd rather have some useful features like a sub crossover or some real EQ ability or time alignment (Bass Engine Pro, anyone?). Preout voltage matters so very little that it doesn't even enter into my purchase decision unless everything else is equal on two different unit (including price) and I need a descriminator.