audio-neon

Sundown amps and Fi subs?

How many people run Sundown Amps on Fi subs, has there been any testing of the 1500d on the Fi subs?

I will shortly.

Got the saz1500 and I can't decide between a BTL or a couple BL's......15's

There are quite a few ppl I have helped out with Fi sub questions that either had a 1500d or were gonna order them at the same time/after the sub order. I can count probably 7-10.

well i spoke with Jacob before the crash and if you are willing to wait a couple months he is bringing out a SAE 1000D which is 1K class D amp.... I think when i was bugging him he said it was gonna be around 380 or 400 can't remember (though i think it was cheaper if you hoped on the pre-order)

The Saz-1500D is a beast man... a Beast no doubt..... I think, on a Q/conservatively or BL with a few options, it can whale the chit out your system (in a good way)..

I'm sure Jacob will chime in and correct me about the sae-1000D price and release time frame

Edited by theabunai

SAE-1000D will have an MSRP of $399 and will be available on pre-order soon. I am just waiting to get a more accurate date for their release before starting a pre-order of any kind. The pre-order price will be a good deal... exact figure will be posted when it starts.

i run one of the sae-1000D protos right now and the amp / sub are a good combo. i got a 12" fi q d2.

Good match, plan on buying another 1000D and strapping or trading for a 1500D not sure.

Mike-

We've been having incredible results with a single 1500 running a single DD 3500, so I would expect similar results from the Q or BL.

Quick question; The new BLs (dual 2ohm) are really dual 1.5ohm. I wanted to strap 2-1500ds down to a 0.5ohm load. so if 2 dual 2ohm BLs were paralleled together then that would give me a 0.5ohm load but by them really being 1.5ohm coils then my load would be 0.425ohms. Im guessing with rise the amps would be alright? The electrical system would be more than enough. A 220amp Iraggi alt (175amps@idle), a Kinetik HC800 under the hood, 2-Kinetik HC2400's in the trunk, with 1 run of 2/0awg welding cable, 1/0 awg Knukoceptz Collosus wire to the SAZ-1500Ds, and 4guage Lightning Audio Strike cable going to the SAZ-100.4. I see the testing thats been done on a strapped pair of 1500ds and Im pretty impressed. So would it be safe to say that if I had a pair of 1500ds strapped with that electrical system pushing behind it, that my amps would give more power than what the other guy got out of his because he was playing his with the car off?

Edited by SKEEMASK

Strapping them on a 0.5 ohm nominal load means 0.25 nominal per amplifier, which is a big no go. In your case that would be a DCR of 0.1875 per amplifier.

You could do a series / parallel configuration and strap them at 2 ohms nominal -- 1.5 ohm DCR in your case. Giving you 1 ohm nominal per amp, 0.75 ohms DCR.

Strapping them on a 0.5 ohm nominal load means 0.25 nominal per amplifier, which is a big no go. In your case that would be a DCR of 0.1875 per amplifier.

You could do a series / parallel configuration and strap them at 2 ohms nominal -- 1.5 ohm DCR in your case. Giving you 1 ohm nominal per amp, 0.75 ohms DCR.

(in laymans terms) If I wanted to run the Sundowns then I would have to run dual 1ohm subs and series them to get a final 0.7ohm load between the 2 subs which in otherwords would be a 0.35ohm with rise Im sure that will move to 0.5ohm load per amp

(in laymans terms) If I wanted to run the Sundowns then I would have to run dual 1ohm subs and series them to get a final 0.7ohm load between the 2 subs which in otherwords would be a 0.35ohm with rise Im sure that will move to 0.5ohm load per amp

I would suggest using dual 2 ohm woofers in series/parallel to strap them at 2 ohms, meaning 1 ohm per amplifier (0.7 DCR). Since you read the testing you will see that the difference between a 1 ohm strapped pair and 2 ohm strapped pair is only 600 watts... which is NOT worth the 4% decrease in efficiency and increased wear and tear on the amplifiers for anything but competition purposes.

I would suggest using dual 2 ohm woofers in series/parallel to strap them at 2 ohms, meaning 1 ohm per amplifier (0.7 DCR). Since you read the testing you will see that the difference between a 1 ohm strapped pair and 2 ohm strapped pair is only 600 watts... which is NOT worth the 4% decrease in efficiency and increased wear and tear on the amplifiers for anything but competition purposes.

No offense to the sundown amps at all but if I can only strap em @ 2ohm then I might be better off with another amp because I wouldnt be happy with the output @ that ohm load. I was trying to get atleast 1800-2000rms per sub. If I strap em @2ohm then I would only be getting around 1500rms per sub. I appreciate ur help though

No offense to the sundown amps at all but if I can only strap em @ 2ohm then I might be better off with another amp because I wouldnt be happy with the output @ that ohm load. I was trying to get atleast 1800-2000rms per sub. If I strap em @2ohm then I would only be getting around 1500rms per sub. I appreciate ur help though

600 watts will be around a 0.6 dB difference in an ideal situation in this case. With power compression figured in then you might see 0.3 dB difference between 2 ohm strapped and 1 ohm strapped. You can strap them at 1 ohm if you want... plenty of people do. But like I said, the gain is minimal and you won't notice much difference other than increased electrical draw unless this is for competition and those few tenths will matter -- you most certainly won't be able to tell with your ears.

600 watts will be around a 0.6 dB difference in an ideal situation in this case. With power compression figured in then you might see 0.3 dB difference between 2 ohm strapped and 1 ohm strapped. You can strap them at 1 ohm if you want... plenty of people do. But like I said, the gain is minimal and you won't notice much difference other than increased electrical draw unless this is for competition and those few tenths will matter -- you most certainly won't be able to tell with your ears.

Oh the electrical system draw would be far from a problem.....Im just wondering if they would hold up on daily usage strapped @1ohm? So if I wanted to strap @1ohm.....I would need dual 1ohm subs series'd right? Making 1ohm when they are together. So Im understanding now....whatever load u send to the amp it will be half of that ohm load per amp. So if Im strapping them @1ohm each amp is really @0.5ohm? Im cool with the extra power draw though, I want as much out of em as possible

Oh the electrical system draw would be far from a problem.....Im just wondering if they would hold up on daily usage strapped @1ohm? So if I wanted to strap @1ohm.....I would need dual 1ohm subs series'd right? Making 1ohm when they are together. So Im understanding now....whatever load u send to the amp it will be half of that ohm load per amp. So if Im strapping them @1ohm each amp is really @0.5ohm? Im cool with the extra power draw though, I want as much out of em as possible

With a proper setup it is unlikely you will have any problems running them strapped at 1 ohm. Quite a few people do so. You are correct that you will need dual 1 ohm subs to reach a 1 ohm final load for strapping them. Yes, if the strapped load is 1 ohm each amp "sees" 0.5 ohms. Be careful with the gain setting as you will have enough amp on tap to do damage to the coils if you clip them. You will also run into thermal protection if your gain is set too high. If setup properly your pair of BLs will have no problem handling the full, unclipped, output of a pair of 1500Ds.

Your electrical system upgrades should be okay for this application with two of those Kinetik 2400s in the back. Just make sure all connections are nice and tight and wired correctly -- I know it sounds obvious, but quite a few tech calls have been tracked down to simple wiring issues, ESPECIALLY when strapped. Also make sure to have good air flow around the amps for a 0.5 ohm load.

You got it. When you strap them take the ohm load that they are wired at and divide it by 2. I don't think you will be dissappointed with this amp. They perform great and they sound good. Needless to say these amps are very underated on power.

Well my next question is pricing. What do u think I can get 2 of em and a 100.4 for? If u dont wanna say then send it to me through a PM