Sign in to follow this  
gone_blow_it_up

MEHMOUDH'S BTL 12'' BUILD LOG! OH! OH!!

So after the wiring finally made it in my hands, I sanded the box down like a muuug, and carpetted it with some good ol' AutoZone carpeting. I still haven't glued down the port side carpet, but heres what it looked like after the carpetting. (By the way AutoZone not having enough carpet in each package = FTL.)

Picture044.jpg

I then moved to the amp "rack." I figured the smartest, best-looking location for mounting the amp would be behind the rear car seats. But since the amp freaking weighs 32678560 pounds, I needed to find a way to reinforce the seats. So I unzipped the babe, and stuck some good ol' BTL-packaged plywood up her essho. I simply placed the wood on the foamage, and welded some thin strips of metal on the side-metal thingies. The wood won

Then the !Xio-bileh went inside its home. God, finally. Alllll the wiring got hidden/installed inside. Kicker Hyperflex ftw, muhfuh. That stuff is amazing as hell. And now I know why flexibility matters so much.

Picture047.jpg

Picture048.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

Then the 150-pound piece of wood and metal met its home. It was so god damn heavvvy.

Then the ish got mounnnnnnted. I found a clever way of hiding part of the ugly bracket, which was by making a small notch in the carpet of the trunk, so I could put part of the bracket under the carpet, and the other half attach to the box. This way, the dumb thiefs could be stupid enough to not even notice that theres brackets there. Maybe. Heres some pics of the brackets and such. Holy shiatsu this camera rules.

Picture093.jpg

Picture092.jpg

Picture094.jpg

LOL so yeah I didn

Then I did some cleaning up and powered the mug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At first I spazzed out because the amp didn't turn on, but after changing the location of the ground, my sub started moving. Heres some of the othe picturrrressss. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Here

very veryl clean install, impressive. looks like you did all your HW. and excellent choice of equipment. how you like that RF amp?

very veryl clean install, impressive. looks like you did all your HW. and excellent choice of equipment. how you like that RF amp?

Thanks man! The RF amp owns allll!!! I really like the clash of RF and FI, because together they really make a mean combination. I'm getting comments from people asking me how my glass hasn't broken yet! It's louuuud!!

Haha not to mention the electrical being ALL STOCK. See guys? Fi's subs don't even require humongous alternators after alll. :fing34:

I like man..........Care to post some pix of how you hid the wiring?? I just wanna see how that part looks cause that is ALWAYS my biggest challenge.

J

I do love those Rockford amps..they just look amazing...

Awesome build my man

Did you use anything special for painting the port, or just spraypaint? Im thinking of doing it to mine, I always thought it looks nice. Plus I have forest green carpet to match my car, and If I painted it the same color I think it would look nice. Let me know.

I like man..........Care to post some pix of how you hid the wiring?? I just wanna see how that part looks cause that is ALWAYS my biggest challenge.

J

Sure my man. I'll have to take some more pictures but I'll try to do it ASAP.

Did you use anything special for painting the port, or just spraypaint? Im thinking of doing it to mine, I always thought it looks nice. Plus I have forest green carpet to match my car, and If I painted it the same color I think it would look nice. Let me know.

Ahh it makes me so glad to see people are liking my stuff. As for the port...It really doesn't make a differnce of what you use...just try to save your self the hassle and don't use a brush or anything to apply the paint. I myself used spray pain and it has come out fine. Fortunately with spraypaint, you can really apply all the hard-to-reach areas by simply spraying it in all the areas of the port. I would do this before you carpet and give it an hour or two to dry, using any color you would like. I've heard painting the port give you some extra db's as well! :fing34:

Good luck bro.

Edited by gone_blow_it_up

Good job, you should repost a copy of this in the new build log section here.

Does that ttb design actually work and sound good? out of sheer curiousity

Looks good man!

-Nick

Does that ttb design actually work and sound good? out of sheer curiousity

Looks good man!

-Nick

Thanks! And yes, the ttb design is really great. I had asked for a 50/50 sq and spl design and its exactly what i got. Although many think the BTL is only about SPL, it truly has some great sound quality as well. The box sounds awesome!

Congrads on the setup man, perfect combo. I really want to get a t3000 and another Q. Im jealous.

Wes

im so jealous. you got one of the last TTB blueprints

Do they not design them any more?

no sir they do not. pete announced this less than a month ago on hexibase and i was sad. they were doing so many and they are so time consuming. they figure if they drop the blueprints and perhaps lower the price of built boxes, then they'll sell more built boxes and make more money that way. they also got tired of people posting the preview 3D sketch online and other people saying "oh that'll never work" or "i checked the tuning on that box in Winsid and thats not right" and bunches of crap like that. people don't realize that the vehicle the box is in plays a HUGE role in tuning and stuff like that and that Winsid is very inaccurate for vehicles because it calculates things based on a mic placed in an acoustically sterile room 1m from the sound source. for example: pete helped me with my design. a 6" round port 15" long in a 3 cube box with a 12" q and the alignment and placement of the box in MY vehicle will yield around 25Hz according to pete (and i'm quite inclined to believe him). if you punched that box size and port size into Winsid or an online calculator, you'd see that for a 25Hz tune, i'd need roughly 30-35" long of 6" port.

anyways, enough of the rant. TTB doesn't design blueprints anymore unless you stop in the shop and help them. they still build and ship boxes though.

Sign in to follow this