sundownz

New Prototypes! Pics.

Keep the same look on the heatsinks, they look killer how they are. Theres no chrome and bs all over it very classy looking. The 3000 looks great. Wish I had 8 of those bastards to throw at my sigs for a nice horah!!!

Greetings Rob. Stick around for a while: you have great taste. ;)

Great looking amps!

Any idea on the specs and possible crossover features of the 50.4?

BTW, FYI, if you say that the 50.4 has a full 24db/octave highpass/lowpass on each channel with the ability to bandpass the "rear" channels, I think I'll have to sell my AC 2xs, MTX 2150x and my a/d/s PS5 and get one little unit to replace em all :)

yes pricing???

J

Great looking amps!

Any idea on the specs and possible crossover features of the 50.4?

BTW, FYI, if you say that the 50.4 has a full 24db/octave highpass/lowpass on each channel with the ability to bandpass the "rear" channels, I think I'll have to sell my AC 2xs, MTX 2150x and my a/d/s PS5 and get one little unit to replace em all :)

The "E" series are entry level amps so nothing like that, unfortunatly. At this time they are 50 - 500 Hz LP or HP front and rear.

The SAX-100.4 is close to what you want except being only 12 dB in slope. Using the subsonic you can bandpass a midbass or a subwoofer with one set of channels. When it comes time to revise the SAX-100.4 I'll be looking into a steeper slope and more adjustability as well.

I say leave the look as is. Simple and classic.

BTW, any ballpark MSRP? Under $1000?

MSRP is $1199 on the SAZ-3000D and, as always, dealers will be selling for under MSRP if contacted for a quote and I will offer a short pre-sale on them (pre-sale pricing won't be announced until the time comes).

Keep the same look on the heatsinks, they look killer how they are. Theres no chrome and bs all over it very classy looking. The 3000 looks great. Wish I had 8 of those bastards to throw at my sigs for a nice horah!!!

I feel the same way, I really like the look :) I do want to add more dissipation area somehow, though... perhaps I'll just get larger side fins much like the Tru amps that Lukas posted up.

Jacob,

If I give you my email can you email me about the presale?? There are days lately where I simply cannot get online, and well if these are priced as amazingly as I hope I am buying one.........maybe two.

J

I say leave the look as is. Simple and classic.

BTW, any ballpark MSRP? Under $1000?

MSRP is $1199 on the SAZ-3000D and, as always, dealers will be selling for under MSRP if contacted for a quote and I will offer a short pre-sale on them (pre-sale pricing won't be announced until the time comes).

Thanks for the info. This will be a steal at $1200.

I feel the same way, I really like the look :) I do want to add more dissipation area somehow, though... perhaps I'll just get larger side fins much like the Tru amps that Lukas posted up.

I vote for the larger side fins.

Well can u give us a ballpark of when the release of the 3000d will be on pre-sale? Need to scrap up before it comes cuz I think I may have just found a new best friend with the 3000d. Oh and what kinda fuse rating would this take? and would these be strappable @1ohm?

Well can u give us a ballpark of when the release of the 3000d will be on pre-sale? Need to scrap up before it comes cuz I think I may have just found a new best friend with the 3000d. Oh and what kinda fuse rating would this take? and would these be strappable @1ohm?

No real ETA at this time. But, I am aiming for less than 6 months from now.

You will need a 300 amp external fuse for this amplifier.

Not sure why you would need (or want) to strap these at 1 ohm for anything but a dedicated SPL rig... but you could do it if you really wanted to. They are built as tough as the SAZ-1500D.

I wondering what will draw more current?

2 SAZ-1500D strapped @ 2ohms or the SAZ-3000D @ 1ohm

What's the MSRP on the 1500d?

Thought the MSRP on the 3000d would be less than two of the 1500d's?

nG

What's the MSRP on the 1500d?

Thought the MSRP on the 3000d would be less than two of the 1500d's?

MSRP is almost exactly double ($599 to $1199) as my build cost is almost exactly double compared to the SAZ-1500D.

I wondering what will draw more current?

2 SAZ-1500D strapped @ 2ohms or the SAZ-3000D @ 1ohm

We'll find out when testing is done... off hand I'd say two SAZ-1500Ds since they are less efficient strapped. The difference will probably turn out to be fairly small.

patiently waiting

J

Wow, i may just have 2 pick up these instead of the 2 1500's that i was previously going 2 get

Wow, i may just have 2 pick up these instead of the 2 1500's that i was previously going 2 get

Unless you want to wait quite a while I wouldn't suggest holding out :)

Are the final 3000D's gonna have gold terminals? I like the nickel look better *nitpick* lol :ughdunno:

Sundown Team Members able to trade in their 1500's for 3000's? wishful thinking probably.

Sundown amps are so sexy... The SAE series looks much better then the other prototype.

Edited by Fixxer

Are the final 3000D's gonna have gold terminals? I like the nickel look better *nitpick* lol :ughdunno:

Sundown Team Members able to trade in their 1500's for 3000's? wishful thinking probably.

Sundown amps are so sexy... The SAE series looks much better then the other prototype.

No, only the proto has gold terminals. I doubt I'll have a trade-in program, it would be a big hassle for me with alot of used amps to move.

Jake, what's the fusing on the SAZ-3000, I would get 4, but have to stay under 1200 amp fusing in my class in NSPL.

It calls for a 300 amp external fuse and has no internal fusing.