Sign in to follow this  
dopey

Xmax of loaded BTL

I understand this is your forum, but why was my most recent post deleted.

It simply stated that the XMAX for a FullyLoaded BTL is listed under the description of the BTL on the Fi website.

This is perfectly civil AND informative.

Instead of just giving people what they need, why don't we also try to HELP people HELP themselves.

;)

Not to mention, censorship sucks.

nG

Edited by ngsm13

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/...view.shopscript

check the btl page again.

the specs listed are for a base BTL. hence all the *

add options like the HiXm coil and 3rd magnet and the woofer changes. so refering someone to inaccurate information wasnt helping. and if i recall, your post also had somewhat of an attitude to it.

observations from a non objective 3rd party

i think ngsm was talking about this page

it says

"Add a chamfered pole or axial cooling channels. Need incredible Xmax to feed your 160dB at 20Hz obsession? Add a third magnet and our extended length coils (26mm of Xmax)."

But shawn said 27mm so that is where the posts came all fudged !!

I'd go with Shawns answer the website may be behind or have a typo...

check the btl page again.

the specs listed are for a base BTL. hence all the *

add options like the HiXm coil and 3rd magnet and the woofer changes. so refering someone to inaccurate information wasnt helping. and if i recall, your post also had somewhat of an attitude to it.

observations from a non objective 3rd party

Wrong page.

Also, I was referring to the most recent post. I had three different posts in this thread. The one I referred to simply said what I said above...

i think ngsm was talking about this page

it says

"Add a chamfered pole or axial cooling channels. Need incredible Xmax to feed your 160dB at 20Hz obsession? Add a third magnet and our extended length coils (26mm of Xmax)."

But shawn said 27mm so that is where the posts came all fudged !!

I'd go with Shawns answer the website may be behind or have a typo...

Yup.

nG

Bah, Xmax is about the last thing I look at...

:)

I understand this is your forum, but why was my most recent post deleted.

It simply stated that the XMAX for a FullyLoaded BTL is listed under the description of the BTL on the Fi website.

This is perfectly civil AND informative.

Instead of just giving people what they need, why don't we also try to HELP people HELP themselves.

;)

Not to mention, censorship sucks.

nG

I deleted your post because you cannot seem to quit being a constant smart-ass...loose the attitude and ill quit deleting your posts...plain and simple, you know i don't let that fly around here, this is a forum for support and for questions for the products to be asked not for attitudes/smart ass comments because somebody asked a question.

Told ya once, i'm not telling you again. Civil posts, or none at all. CA.com bullchit stays on CA.com.

Thanks

I deleted your post because you cannot seem to quit being a constant smart-ass...loose the attitude and ill quit deleting your posts...plain and simple, you know i don't let that fly around here, this is a forum for support and for questions for the products to be asked not for attitudes/smart ass comments because somebody asked a question.

Told ya once, i'm not telling you again. Civil posts, or none at all. CA.com bullchit stays on CA.com.

Thanks

As I said Nicky-Poo, I agree with the first two posts being made disappeared, but the third post where I said:

The xmax for a fully loaded BTL is listed on the website under the description for the BTL, on the main speaker page.

:fyi:

nG

Just trying the HELP people HELP themselves, so they learn something ;).

And THAT was deleted. I understand this forum is a medium for the customers and Reps/Company to communicate with eachother... BUT... no need to turn into Adire on siN.

:).

nG

Thanks

As I said Nicky-Poo, I agree with the first two posts being made disappeared, but the third post where I said:

The xmax for a fully loaded BTL is listed on the website under the description for the BTL, on the main speaker page.

:fyi:

nG

Just trying the HELP people HELP themselves, so they learn something ;).

And THAT was deleted. I understand this forum is a medium for the customers and Reps/Company to communicate with eachother... BUT... no need to turn into Adire on siN.

:).

nG

I'M the one that asked the question, and I prefer Nicks attitude to yours. Please Jizm, feel free to NOT help me help myself!

Nick Shawn, Scott, Jake.....and everyone else.....this DOES NOT include you...I need all the help I can get. And I truly appreciate all the time you guys put into this board. :thanx:

your welcome bud. this is the place for questions and answers. I understand ppl might not know where to look for the answers to certain things, its cool. Thats why I'm here, is to answer questions, as big or as small as they need be, they are still question, by our customers(or potential customers).

Enough Noah, i'm not telling you again.

Mellow out people...sheesh. I like this place because we NEVER have the need to flex mod powers or have snide comments. Im definitely not a fan of pissing matches, but apparently since Im a hot race horse (per another post :) ), Ill assume I can pee like one too.

Per FEA it comes in at 26.7mm. With rounding up it is 27, rounding down it is 26. 1mm would never make a difference in this case and is safe to say that coil deviations at the ends for lead out would have enough one way or the other as well.

Along the lines of JimJ... its nie to have Xmax, but if the balance of the specs dont fit the application, it really doesnt matter much if it moves more.

Thanks...

Scott

Sign in to follow this