Sign in to follow this  
smoke05

the calculations

well im planning on buying a Fi Q 12" either putting the order during this week, well the thing is that i already have the box for 1 12" it is 29w x 14h x 14d making it 2.48 cuft, 2.32 after displacement of the Fi q (.16)

i went to www.the12volt.com and the calculator said that if i used a 4" diameter port it would have to be 11.33" ifor a 32hz.

is that right? anyone, scott? thanks

wow my box is literally identical to yours...for the same sub..and i have the same question haha. Anyone know the answer to this?

Also....dont want to hijack your thread but this might help you as well....is one 4" port enough for a 12" Q?

port area is a bit small from 4" round. if you go flared with it it wouldn't be a problem probably. i'm using a 6" round port for a single Q 12". check out my build log in the build log section

anyone please... well if 1 4" is small should i use 2 or were can i found a good web calculator for this?

I think I'd opt for two ports if they're only 4". It'll be a little less port area then a single 6", but should be about right. I believe the rule of thumb (and also as Fi recommends) is that you should go with about 14-16 times the net volume of your box... so let's say 14 x your 2.5 box would yield about 35" of desired port area. Two four inch ports will put you at 25", which is fairly close... if you use aeros as mentioned then it should be perfect. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Depends on your tolerance for port chuffing. I surely couldn't handle a single 4" on a driver of that potential.

well i cant do much i wouldhave to get only 1 4"d 11.3"long because i dont have much space,and they will be inside, maybe i could put some support in it, i mean i only have a limmited space... 29w x 14h x 14deep any suggestions?

You can't run ported in that space, unless you use an external port.

you mean that i cant do it...

the dept of inside the box is 12.5 + .75 of the mdf... so are you shure i cant do it id only 11.3 of lenght (pvc) i already have the box

or i could put it on the sides they are 27w +.75 of mdf they could fit...

thanks

??????

Edited by why

i think its a half assed idea. you might be able to squeeze it in, but it won't sound like a properly designed box would. and as mentioned earlier, a single 4" will probably give you decent amounts of port noise.

not only are you starving the box of port area, but you are starving the port by not giving it enough room to breath, if you want to port it, your best be would probably be a slot port, so you could turn the end.

well the this is that i already have the box... can someone help me with thw calculations and tell me how many 4" ports will i need or how many 6"?? thanks

or just a website to do them myself thanks

Sign in to follow this