Sign in to follow this  
ronrico418

Thread for amps to run on FI Subs

So I'm wondering if I can hear some names dropped of the bigboy amps 2000 watts and up. be nice to have a place it's all on one page.

Thanks in advance Joe Rod

I tried to create a page like this just for the BTL, but I don't think it went over too well :)

I'll throw out some #s, all are at 14.4v

-I like the hifonics bxi2006d for 2000 watts. Pushed a BTL OK, and pounded on a BL. 2000wrms @ 1ohm over-rated a bit, but very cost effective.

-The Sound Stream 10000d I got didn't work, but it weighed about 50lbs and was a beastly looking amp. 5000wrms @ 1ohm. Supposed to be safe in the 16v range.

-Very happy with my Memphis 4ks, 4000wrms (CEA-2006) @ 1ohm. Very thin while being 32 inches long, very impressive looks (SEXY!)

-Quantum 4000, I think it puts out more like 2k...

Many many others, but that's all I have experience with.

maybe someone with some experience with the following amps could chime in, all are fairly popular:

RF 4000s (supposed to put out around 4500)

DD Z1/Z2

SS 6500d (a bit over 4k)

American Bass 400.1

Incriminator Audio 20.1, 40.1

Cactus 5 or 7kw

DD m2, z1, z2 and soon to be a z1a replacing the z1.

Memphis mojo 2400 watt, and 4kw

Sundown Saz 3000d eventually

Soundstream 3500d, xxx6000 and xxx10k

Hifonics bxi2006

RF 4kw.

Concept 3910

Orion 2500d

US Amps M3.D3, AX3000DE

Adassa Warlord

Atomic At-5000.1D

Kicker zx2500.1

TRU Sh-1 Sledgehammer

Those are just a few off of the top or my head

My new Kicker KX2500.1 D class (last years model) amp will be driving 1000 CEA rated WRMS to each of my 2 10" Q's! The birth sheet says 2675WRMS @ 2ohms! :superman:

Edited by Z1truth

My new Kicker KX2500.1 D class (last years model) amp will be driving 1000 CEA rated WRMS to each of my 2 10" Q's! The birth sheet says 2675WRMS @ 2ohms! :superman:

have to love the birth sheets, even if you hate kicker!

have to love the birth sheets, even if you hate kicker!

Zapco C2K 9.0 2200wrms @ 2ohm

Zapco C2k 4kw 4400 wrms @2ohm (2 9.0's in one chassis)

I would kill for some of those cactus 5ks or 7ks...but the only dealer in america wants 2200 per 5k, and 2800 per 7k. Way over my budget, but supposed to be amazing. :lickscreen:

Where can I find IA?

incriminatoraudio.com

or go to caraudio.com there are always a few for sale in the classifieds.

I say kicker also or the sundowns.

sundown, ftw... can't wait for the saz-3000d

I'd go with

Sundown

Us Amps

E.D.

Rockford (Power series Tx001bd series)

I.A.

Cactus

Zapco

How about some links to any of these amps.

Who's selling them at the best price

And the manufactures links.

Let's have a thread where all of this is centrally located so access is easy and you don't have to google everything everytime. Plus all .com names are not so obvious.

Thanks in advance Joe Rod

I am running the Us amps Xt4000d on my Fi 15 BL. Box is tuned to 4.0cu ft @ 30 Hz...Hits the lows real well...Amp doesn't even break a sweat..! Running @ 1 Ohm....Daddy Like...

I do, stupid thick fingers, that is like the sixth or seventh time I put RE instead of RF....big difference there. Thank god F and I are on seperate sides of the keyboard, make it easier for me.lol...

No opinion here - just results both are great amps but if i have to make a suggestion id say go with Sundown you wont be dissapointed. All results are with a single 18" BTL Fully loaded in a stock class setup in my grand cherokee. All scores were from official Usaci events and literally nothing was changed but the amps.

Memphis 4kw @.5 - 154.7

Pair of Sundown 1500d's @ .5 strapped - 155.3

And to show the real power of the 1500's

Streetbeat (Same setup/same song just diff amps)

Memphis 4kw @ .5 - 153.1

Pair of Sundown 1500d's @ 2 strapped - 153.0

The pair of 1500's was only .1 down and they were being ran at 1 ohm per amp (2ohms strapped)!

Obviousely other peoples results may vary but i just thought id share mine :)

No opinion here - just results both are great amps but if i have to make a suggestion id say go with Sundown you wont be dissapointed. All results are with a single 18" BTL Fully loaded in a stock class setup in my grand cherokee. All scores were from official Usaci events and literally nothing was changed but the amps.

Memphis 4kw @.5 - 154.7

Pair of Sundown 1500d's @ .5 strapped - 155.3

And to show the real power of the 1500's

Streetbeat (Same setup/same song just diff amps)

Memphis 4kw @ .5 - 153.1

Pair of Sundown 1500d's @ 2 strapped - 153.0

The pair of 1500's was only .1 down and they were being ran at 1 ohm per amp (2ohms strapped)!

Obviousely other peoples results may vary but i just thought id share mine :)

Glad to see you finally post something other than just reading about it, and saying nothing.

When running 1 Earthquake PHD5000 at 1.3 Ohms it was hitting a 141.4 in a 3.25 cuft. bported box out of the trunk of a chrysler 300. I ordered another earthquake PHD5000 and plan to run them both at .65 ohms. I know they say that they can only be run at 2 ohms but my friend runs 4 of them at .35 ohms daily with 4 RE 12" MT's, the amps don't even get hot. Mine right now is putting out 3852 watts. These amps love to be ran at lower impedence, running at 4 ohms my friend blew the s&$! out of his it caught his trunk on fire. So I will let you know what type of numbers it does when I get my new amp in.

Sign in to follow this