Sign in to follow this  
nbudros

Sundown Dream System

So i bought a 100.2 about 9 months ago thinking it was time to start my system, well things got hard and it became a paper weight. But i recently sold it. =( but today i was informed that my new 100.4 and 1500D Came in the MIAL!!!!

So i have a present waiting for me when i get off work.

MY DREAM SYSTEM, which is in the works consists of:

Headunit

Alpine IVA-w200 (with 30gig fullspeed ipod)

Front Stage

Sundown Audio SA-100.4

Hertz custom matched mids and highs.

1 set of HV 165L / 6 1/2" mids

1 set of HT 25 tweeters

1 set of 2W20.3 crossovers

1 set of Hertz HCX 165 coaxials for the rear

Sub Stage

Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D

Digital Designs 3515

Electrical

big 3 with 1/0, kinetik battery, knukoncepts RCA, kicker wires

Extras

Fully deadened, rear ported box, amp rack, extra drunk lock, 20% tint all around, extra 10% on the rear, security screws,

Future Addons

Alpine Blackbird, Ps2 or Ez hooked up, and unhookable Wii, Custom installed radar, new Michelin Pilots or Kumho's.

Installer & Date

www.innovativerides.com

date: late may

Updates

ill post pics of the items as i get them and of the car they are going into.

Looks good.

No love for the Mags though?

Love yes, but i just didnt want the mag, i dont know why i just didnt feel like buying a mag. No real big reason just felt like i wanted DD more.

oh hey man long time no chat, hows life.

Running a W-200, why not run active with the H701 processor?

Seems a waste to go passive when you've got that kind of source.

I could of, and thought about it but, im not sure really... passive is just easier... and the h701 costs more then the crossover...

i dunno im talking to my installer about it... nothing is final final.

So don't buy the passives, scrap the rears, and get an H701 instead should be comparable dollars. Overall your system will finally have the flexibility to be truly a dream system.

Whats soo amazing about no rear fill? and or active or passive?

also if i scrap the rear fill i dont even need the processor the 100.4 can make me active.

Edited by nbudros

Better yet what good does "rear fill" do. Absolutely nothing positive in my book.

As for active, the H701 not only gives you crossovers and time alignment but way more eq than you currently have. To really optimize the installed response of a system it will be extremely helpful.

Nick....just stick to your plan and you'll be happy.

I'm one of the minority who enjoys rear fill, or sound enhancers as I call them. Stage is still up front, but gets louder and at times that's what I like. And NO I'm not spending a ton on a bigger amp/comps for the front. I'm VERY happy with what I have....

///m5 what setup do you have?

also for the record, dream system was kinda geared towards my dreams.

My dream sundown system would consist of 3 - 250.2's and 8 - 1500D's.

I'm one of the minority who enjoys rear fill, or sound enhancers as I call them. Stage is still up front, but gets louder and at times that's what I like. And NO I'm not spending a ton on a bigger amp/comps for the front. I'm VERY happy with what I have....

I assume you still haven't heard a really well setup front stage only vehicle then. If you use the same budget with or without the rear spending the extra on the front it will always sound better and if your "better" requires louder that is possible as well.

As for my currently installed drivers the M5 has Seas W18E and the Scan D2904/6000. The truck I am running Seas CA18RNX, LPG 25nfa, and an SS Rlp12". At the moment I am toying with a couple drivers for a different substage in the car (used to have the Rlp) as well as perhaps a complete system change partly driven by my desire to build the Excels into some bookshelves.

get the h701!!!!!!!!!! i was going to do something similar to you until the PPI DCX-730 came up super cheap, so i bought it. lets just say i will be using this in every car i own until it dies. the things you can do with a good processor will FAR outweigh any benefit with rear fill, im not going to argue about that. when i switched to active my rainbows sounded like completly different speakers, and rainbows have exceptionally good passives

even if it does cost you a little more, you can use it in all of your systems in the future and will open many doors when it comes to buying raw drivers.

Sign in to follow this