Sign in to follow this  
Z1truth

TADA!!!!!!!!!..... 350Z FI Q'

After last week getting the flu and this week it turns into bronchitis I still have managed to brace my sub box, put in binding post terminals, and mount my subs for 2 ohms and install the box in my Z! Damn I'm tired.....that sucker weighs 86lbs!

FIZCLOSE.jpg

FIZSIDE.jpg

FIZ.jpg

Tomorrow I mount the Kicker KX2500.1 amp on the amp rack!

SLOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW but SURE! :fing34:

really liking it, now you know you want to sell me that 300zx!

really liking it, now you know you want to sell me that 300zx!

Everything has a price my friend!!!! If you gots d cash!!!!!!!LOL!!!

Thanks for the compliment brother! :thanx:

ill be honest, even though i'm a Dodge baby, born and raised, I have always wanted a 300zx.

ill be honest, even though i'm a Dodge baby, born and raised, I have always wanted a 300zx.

Heres a shot of it that we did for a import car calendar! It is setup with a Veilside kit!

Zcalender.jpg

Looks great

the car and the install both look as great as well formed tits. i love them both.

I have the exact same grills from expressparts and I noticed the clearance just isn't enough if you turn up the subs. Did you directly screw in the grills to the enclosure or did you use some sort of spacer? I just don't want your sweet Q's to get damaged when you start pumping up the volume. Peaz

Looks good, as he said above...might want to watch those grills, they may be close.

Looks good, as he said above...might want to watch those grills, they may be close.

Thanks everybody for the kind words! :lickscreen: I personally love those grills and think they look kinda good! DRWANG84 and NDMstang65 I did put 1/4 inch spacers under those grills. I e-mailed Scott and he said that if I had a 5/8" gap from the top of the arch of the surround it should be good and since it was only 1/2" I made some 1/4 spacers. I actually now have about 11/16" to 3/4" gap so I hope I'm good to go! :OhYeah:

Edited by Z1truth

Looks really nice, car and install. I'm going to jump on the side that doesn't like grills though. Good job checking on the clearance before messing up your stuff, but it's looking good.

Thanks everybody for the kind words! :lickscreen: I personally love those grills and think they look kinda good! DRWANG84 and NDMstang65 I did put 1/4 inch spacers under those grills. I e-mailed Scott and he said that if I had a 5/8" gap from the top of the arch of the surround it should be good and since it was only 1/2" I made some 1/4 spacers. I actually now have about 11/16" to 3/4" gap so I hope I'm good to go! :OhYeah:

May I ask what you used as the spacers? Does it rattle the grill at all? I've been having this problem myself and I was wondering if I could get a tip or two from you. Thanks.

Bytheway, I don't know what the recommended gap is for a 12" BTL. So if someone would please post that info, I'd really appreciate it!

Edited by drwang84

so the 350z and the 300zx is yours? Damn son.

May I ask what you used as the spacers? Does it rattle the grill at all? I've been having this problem myself and I was wondering if I could get a tip or two from you. Thanks.

Bytheway, I don't know what the recommended gap is for a 12" BTL. So if someone would please post that info, I'd really appreciate it!

Hey Drwang84,

What I did was make a paper template of the bottom mounting plate of the grill that screws to the box. Then I went to HomeDepot and bought a 4' X 1" X 1/4" strip of hardwood trim. I then jigsawed the template shape for each side, sanded them smooth and drilled holes and painted them black. I then bought longer screws to go thru the grills and spacers.

If you are rattling try using some blue (medium)loc-tight on the screws that hold the bars to the mounting plates. Thats what I did! Works great!

If my 10's needed 5/8" to 3/4", I would probably guess you would need around 7/8" to 1" to be safe. Just a guess.......

Edited by Z1truth

so the 350z and the 300zx is yours? Damn son.

Thats 15 years of SWEATIN MY ARSE OFF........for fun! :OhYeah:

And flakko..........diggin the doo! :greddy2:

Hey Drwang84,

What I did was make a paper template of the bottom mounting plate of the grill that screws to the box. Then I went to HomeDepot and bought a 4' X 1" X 1/4" strip of hardwood trim. I then jigsawed the template shape for each side, sanded them smooth and drilled holes and painted them black. I then bought longer screws to go thru the grills and spacers.

If you are rattling try using some blue (medium)loc-tight on the screws that hold the bars to the mounting plates. Thats what I did! Works great!

If my 10's needed 5/8" to 3/4", I would probably guess you would need around 7/8" to 1" to be safe. Just a guess.......

Wow,

You went into great detail Z1Truth! Unfortunately I don't have a jigsaw but I'll figure out something. Thanks again.

Sign in to follow this