Aaron Clinton

Cone material

and what about the cone shape?

how does that affect the sound ?

flat cone \ "boobi" style cone \ square , and such

there are many cone shapes and weird "addons" on the cone , any expansion about this?

The shape shouldn't affect anything with a sub other than rigidity. Will only affect dispersion with a mid or tweet.

I am the almighty. I know everyhing.

T/S or specs on that thing?

We now have available a SPL package option for the WMD 15's. They feature a glass/cabon fiber honeycomb cone with a tall high excursion foam surround. The lighter honeycomb cones increases effeincy by 3 db over the standard WMD pressed paper cone and add 14 sqaure inches of cone area by incorperating the tall surround.

T/S parameters:

REVC: 4 ohms

FS: 34hz

QES: .97

QMS: 7.2

QTS: .86

VAS: 3.6

BL: 14

MMS: 241g

Sens:91db@2.83v

:droolcup: nice how do those woofers sound?

there are 2 of em in the mail on the way to my office in Dallas TX :)

from rd audio?

hey let me know how those sound.

from rd audio?

hey let me know how those sound.

not RD i spoke with them when they first came out & hes a nice guy but im not spending that much on a Co. noone has ever heard of, so i went with Pierce Audio, John & I discussed using the new cone for the 07' MOAB, on the WMD frame, stiffer/liter cone, needs less power to get up & going for burps, unlike the cone/motor heavy Beast iv been dealling with, and very much in my Price range...

org model: http://pierceaudioproducts.com/forum/index.php?topic=29.0

new model: http://pierceaudioproducts.com/forum/index.php?topic=3.0

oh lol i got it confused with the rd audio spl driver (i think the initials are similar). Id honestly love the efficency but it sounds like its a spl driver.... now id love a fi q with a btl motor, quad coil, and the honeycom cone (think scott could build me one)

oh lol i got it confused with the rd audio spl driver (i think the initials are similar). Id honestly love the efficency but it sounds like its a spl driver.... now id love a fi q with a btl motor, quad coil, and the honeycom cone (think scott could build me one)

Hell Ya :) i asked for an SPL sub that did not break the Bank...

i love a company you can call and after a few quick questions & discussion get a new product custom made for what your doing !!!

Pretty high sensitivity !!

2.83V @ 4 ohms = 2 watts...so to compare it to regular measurements, it's actually 88dB @ 1w/1m.

The BTL is listed at 93.3dB @ 1w/1m.

FWIW.

Judging by the specs, they seem to be two very different ways of going about the same goal.

2.83V @ 4 ohms = 2 watts...so to compare it to regular measurements, it's actually 88dB @ 1w/1m.

Bingo. High Qes with no better than average Mms means you've got a driver that isn't especially efficient; average at best.

Bingo. High Qes with no better than average Mms means you've got a driver that isn't especially efficient; average at best.

Double bingo DD I saw that as well, by the way your write ups are very informative hats off to ya.