Sign in to follow this  
shooter69

2 15 BL's

the plan is already two Fi BL twelves....but i would LOVE it if i could squeeze in two 15's.

my trunk....yes..a trunk....is 38W x 38D x 20H

any chance of squeezing in two fifteens? or one 18?

is that the useable box dimensions, if so, thats a big trunk and yes you could do a pair of 15's? even with everything doubled up, and bracing, it would be around 12 cubes before displacements.

damn... Shooter what kind of car do you have??? I have seen a pair of 15's in a cavalier before.

As mentioned above... no worries on fitting a pair of 15s in that space. You will actually be able to shrink it down quite a bit. But... I am assuming that that is max space, and not actually a realistic box that will fit through the trunk opening nor allow for any space around the sub to load or for pressure to travel.

What vehicle is this?

Thanks...

Scott

the trunk is beastley! it's an 03 ford taurus. i remeasured, the MAX measurments are 40D x 39W x 20H...this is, of course, end to end, side to side, etc.

Im not sure if you would have enough space. My cousin had a 01 Ford Taurus, and the most it looked like would be a pair of 12s because of the height. I drive a 04 Ford Crown Vic and my max measurements are 40W x 25Hx 25D and that took up the entire trunk except for the little space behind the taillights, and the packgage shelf under the rear deck.

Not trying to discourge you, just trying to be realistic about what you want to do. Good luck!!

no problem at all. i realize this could be quite a task. i'm pretty sure the only way i'm getting two fifteens in there would be to build the box in the trunk. but i posted this to see if anyone would have any ideas that might work on getting two fifteens in there.

hmm..thats kinda hard to say.....i'm almost afraid to say...cuz if i'm off a little, then i most likely wont get the box in there.

Edited by shooter69

do you want the subs facing up, towards front or towards rear. Cause i know i can fit an 18 in the back of a neon facing up.

I wish my Civic had room in it..I am going to have to Face my 15 BL up and the port back just to squeeze 4 cu ft of box in that thing...Main reason is because of my 6X9's in the stock location. I have cut my rear deck and Saturday I am gonna finish Dynamating it up real good...

do you want the subs facing up, towards front or towards rear. Cause i know i can fit an 18 in the back of a neon facing up.

which ever would sound the best, hit the hardest, and fit in there.

Edited by shooter69

i took a better look at that trunk, and it would be pretty easy to get a good sized box in there. there is quite a bit of distance from where the trunk closes to the top part of the trunk. (i'll get pics if that doesnt make sense.) so i can go as wide as i need to and as deep as i need to with the box. but i still need room for the pressure to reach the front. i saw a couple vids of two 15" L7's in the back of a monte carlo, so theres gotta be a way to get a box for two fifteens in there!

Edited by shooter69

Sign in to follow this