Sign in to follow this  
DosOne

Future problem encountered

So as of right now i have a Q 15 powered by a BXI 1606 running at 1 ohm so the sub is dual 2. My next goal is to get another Q 15, but I really want to get a RF T3000 but they would have to run at 2 ohm and be dual 1's right? So i would have to recone my current one or 2 (if everything goes right) to run at 2 ohms. But then agan if i end up w/ 2 dual 2 Q's i could just get 2 RF T1000's

I just need some advice

-send in my current Q for a swap and get both dual 1 so i could run the T3000

-keep my current Q a dual 2 and run each off T1000's

How much actual power do the T1000's put out? Do these hold up to the other T line?

I know a T3000 would be very generous for 2 Q's but it would be nice!

Wes

I say t3000. If you say hey, wtf I wanna put 3kw on one sub in the future you'll have a much simpler time of it. I don't think you can switch your vc from d2 to d1 with the Q can you?

If so I say d1s on t3k

If you are trying to get a final impedance of two ohms for the amp than you want two d2 subs. wire the subs in parallel and than in series to each other. (if i remember correctly parallel subtracts and series adds.

I hope you can swap the coils :unsure: . But if all things go as plan I will end up w/ 2- d2 Q's, because hopefully ill be buyin caseys this summer. But i really want to get the T3000 but if im stuck w/ D2's i might HAVE to get T1000's...mabey i can drop the t3000 down to .5ohm :P

Wes

The story of my life!

The new universal option on some of the subs is a great option. I'm not sure about the Qs, I didn't think that you could recone them to a different impedance. If not, sell it and buy a new one.

I don't think you can change the imp. either.

"If you are trying to get a final impedance of two ohms for the amp than you want two d2 subs. wire the subs in parallel and than in series to each other. (if i remember correctly parallel subtracts and series adds."

I'm pretty sure he wants 1ohm final, right?

All of our subs that are D2s can be swapped to D1s. There are varying degrees of coil size difference between the subs, but the D2s are the larger OD of the coils per sub series. Normally you cant swap a D1 to a D2 without the Universal option. You will not have the exact same motor strength if you order a D1 sub as standard for the next one if the current one is reconed to a D1. You would have to order the Universal option with the D1 coil to have them match.

Thanks...

Scott

So as of right now i have a Q 15 powered by a BXI 1606 running at 1 ohm so the sub is dual 2. My next goal is to get another Q 15, but I really want to get a RF T3000 but they would have to run at 2 ohm and be dual 1's right? So i would have to recone my current one or 2 (if everything goes right) to run at 2 ohms. But then agan if i end up w/ 2 dual 2 Q's i could just get 2 RF T1000's

I just need some advice

-send in my current Q for a swap and get both dual 1 so i could run the T3000

-keep my current Q a dual 2 and run each off T1000's

How much actual power do the T1000's put out? Do these hold up to the other T line?

I know a T3000 would be very generous for 2 Q's but it would be nice!

Wes

so if I understand this correctly, you have one dual 2 ohm sub and you want to add another and you want a final impedance of 2 ohms?

if thats the case, one dual 2 ohm sub wired in series gives you 4 ohms. wire that in parallel with another dual 2 ohm sub wired in series and you get a final load of 2 ohms. OR you could wire each sub in parallel and wire them together in series for 2 ohms. either way, it works.

here's the wiring diagram:

2_2ohm_dvc.gif

lol...no

He wants to get another sub later, run a different amp, and a different final load than he has right now.

So I can keep them both dual 2 and run the t3000 at 2ohm to each w/ no problems. This makes me VERY happy, I can keep my plans!!! :D

Wes

Power T30001bd - 3000 watt class bd mono amplifier

1000x1 @ 4 ohms, 2000x1 @ 2 ohms, 3000x1@ 1 ohm, variable 32-250Hz LP 24dB/Octave Butterworth crossover, 12dB/Octave Infrasonic filter @ 27 Hz, RCA inputs, RCA outputs, MasterSync and bdSync capability, 0/180 Phase control, cast aluminum heatsink, military spec PCB, 1/0 AWG power/ground connectors with built in ANL fusing, Intelligent thermal management, and variable 35-70Hz remote ParaPunch Bass EQ 0-18dB. H 2.6" x W 12.8" x L 33".

supposed to do 2kw at 2ohm....so yeah you could get away with it

Ok Im sorry I made this so confusing, I obviously dont know what im takling about, but my friend helped explain it to me.

So heres the scoop. I might have 2- Q15 dual2 (right now i have 1)

I want to run both off of a T3000 at 1ohm so they get about 1500w each. I know now that i cant do this...yet

But I can keep them both at dual 2's and run the amp at 2ohm load and give them each about 1000w, right?

Or I would just get 2 T1000's and put one on each runing at 1ohm

which do you thing is the better way to go, I want to give them a little more than 1000w a piece. Thanks for all the help so far, I really appreciate it!

Wes

Most T3001's I have seen are under-rated quite a bit..Birth sheets for them range from 2500-3000 at 2OHMs and 3200+ at 1OHMs. Hell both of my old T2001's are almost 2k at 2OHMs. It will do fine for you on 2 Dual 2OHM Q's. I say go for it. Just make sure you have the electrical to back it up.

wuts cheaper. 2 1000 watt amps or one 3000 watt amp? if u keep two dual 2 ohm subs then that is the question at hand. i say keep the one u have as dual 2 and get the other dual two (now u dont have to spend extra to get it reconed) then just figure out wut amp(s) is cheaper. with either amp setup u would be feeding them 1000 rms each. i would imagine that 1 3000 watt RF amp would be cheaper than 2 1000 watt RF amps.

Err... 0.5 ohm maybe.

Than get a saz-1500d... that is like 2000-2100 watts rms @ .5 ohms.

I still say rf 3k. You can run them at 2 ohms daily, and if you decide to go to comps you can burp .5 ohms (if the amp will handle it). You'll get the power you want, and then have an extra 1kwatts for future plans/upgrades. Who knows, maybe one day you'll want to go for spl, then you'll have a decent amp to do the job. Just a thought.

Thats exactally what I was thinkin' It would be a nice overhead to have. Im just lookin into the future and that would be a nice starter piece. quality

Wes

Wouldnt it be cheaper if you get 2 amps compared to the t3000d. 2 Hifonics 1606d maybe.

Edited by appleyard

I dont recommend running an amp at .5 daily. Keeping things above 1 Ohm is a good thing. Running so much current through a sub to yield the same power only serves to heat stuff up and make leads and coils mad. If you can get equivalent power at 1 Ohm or more, I say go that route. And I am all for extra headroom too.

Thanks...

Scott

Wouldnt it be cheaper if you get 2 amps compared to the t3000d. 2 Hifonics 1606d maybe.

Yes it would be much cheaper to get 2 1606's but thats what i have now and i dont feel confident with it, I went in with budget in mind but now i know better and want some NICE clean power, My buddy is running 2 1606s and he has so many probs, hes blown his re's a couple times, just because of those amps dirty power. There very unpredictable, but not bad for the money!

wes

Sign in to follow this