Sign in to follow this  
truckaudioman

Is what this installer said true

I was talkin to this installer today about various things, such as size limitations within vehicles. He said that there is barely a noticable difference between 2 15's and 4 15's, and at that only about 3dB's. Is this true? Doesn't seem to right for me, but I am a noob.

Ya, twice the cone area = 3dB = twice as loud, theoretically.

Twice the cone area + twice the power = a theoretical 6dB gain, or 4x as loud.

You will notice it.

Not the first stupid thing he has said to me. He also says for me to do 4 15's in a pacman enclosure, it will take up the entire bed of my silverado. Scott said it should only go a little past the wheel well. Not to sure what he is talkin bout...not the first time I have had to question him.

Trust me

Just because they are an installer doesn't mean they know everything...

I'd trust Scott and his team with any advice about THEIR subwoofer or any Subwoofer they have extensively worked with....

I know tons of DIY that would run circle around some installers.....

If you're doubling everything there should be an audible difference. A lot of people have told me the same thing, but I sure heard the difference between 1 sub and 2.

Doubling of everything usually makes a solid difference. It is theoretically 6dB which is a good amount. Simply splitting up the power and doubling cone area is 3 dB which is noticeable. But at the point of 6dB and your setup... it might be the difference between being loud, and being obnoxious.

Thanks,

Scott

Listen to everyone that has posted here and find a new installer. Clamshell Box to the wheel wells is right!!!

Edited by 418FIs

i went from 4 15's flatwalled to 8 15 pacmanned and saw a decent increase

i seriously hope your not gonna have that installer build you a box or put any of your stuff in cause he doesnt seem like hes know very much.....find a new installer!!

i went from 4 15's flatwalled to 8 15 pacmanned and saw a decent increase

Dont break anything between now and Saturday so I can hear it.

it has held up since the install in august so..so far so good (crosses fingers)

Edited by tprj82

Sign in to follow this