Sign in to follow this  
J.C

subs

i want some subs that will hits hard and will be heard from a block away but also have good SQ. Will the SSD's do the job or do ineed to save up and get the BL's.

It depends on the power you have, the enclosure, the vehicle, and other things as well. I have a love hate thing for blazers, because it's so easy to get them loud. I heard 2 12" kicker comps sealed with 300 watts a piece in a blazer that shocked me. Crap box, prefab and simple, but his vehicle made it sound like a much larger system. Just an example.

It depends on what 'slam hard' is to you. How many subs, what size, what enclosure, how much power, and what vehicle/space are you working with?

i would get 2 12" subs either the ssd series or bl series. power wise i would give the subs their full RMS. i am probaly gonna go with a ported enclosure but nothing huge since its for the trunk of a car.

i want some subs that will hits hard and will be heard from a block away but also have good SQ.

Sounds like you're really confused as to what you want...

Please, being "heard from a block away" is disrespectful to everyone around you, and makes the hobby in general look bad.

RIckRolled, your right, but it happens. what can we do about it...

if you want to be heard from a block away, a pair of just about ANY of thier subs should work.

buy a pair of Qs, they are their best sounding subs and a pair of them can be quite loud...

i dont understand why some of you people get so sensitive about people wanting to be heard from far away. Granted, i do think its stupid to want to be heard from far away, but why does no one complain about people with loud ass exhausts and stuff? I have never heard of anyone getting a ticket for it, yet i know one individual who you can hear his trucks exhaust VERY loudly from about 150 yards away. I do think that people should have the courtesy not to bump in neighborhoods, but as far as im concerned, everywhere else is free game.

i wouldn't call that sensitive.

a couple 18's should do the trick :fing34:

i dont understand why some of you people get so sensitive about people wanting to be heard from far away. Granted, i do think its stupid to want to be heard from far away, but why does no one complain about people with loud ass exhausts and stuff? I have never heard of anyone getting a ticket for it, yet i know one individual who you can hear his trucks exhaust VERY loudly from about 150 yards away. I do think that people should have the courtesy not to bump in neighborhoods, but as far as im concerned, everywhere else is free game.

because in some states, there has been legislation proposed that would make it illegal to have anything more than like a 10" sub and a few hundred watts

while i don't think any of this has passed, there are quite a few people that want it passed

all it would take is a little respect of others and there wouldn't be an issue over this

Theres nothing wrong with having your music loud unless your driving past a funeral or something now that would be rude. But big deal if other people can hear your music your in a car thats moving they wont be stuck hearing it for a long time.

Theres nothing wrong with having your music loud unless your driving past a funeral or something now that would be rude. But big deal if other people can hear your music your in a car thats moving they wont be stuck hearing it for a long time.

what about at a stop light?

and if you do achieve your goal of being heard from far away, then stationary people will hear you coming, going by, and then leaving

So you have a right to make as much nuisance as you want, as long as it's only temporary?

It comes down to being considerate of other people...some people are, others aren't...

So what your saying is people shouldent put systems in their cars since its mean for other people to hear your music. Big deal if they hear it its not going to hurt them.

Edited by J.C

So what your saying is people shouldent put systems in their cars since its mean for other people to hear your music. Big deal if they hear it its not going to hurt them.

1. it's not "mean", it's inconsiderate and rude

2. people can do whatever they want to their systems, it's how they use them that matters

3. tell that to the single mother who finally just got her baby to sleep and you drive by and wake the baby up

for real. be considerate. you can sound deaden your car and be 150db plus on the inside and barely hear it on the outside. anybody can rattle their chit and make a bunch of noise, sounding good while getting loud should be the goal.

in my area the police are enforcing the 100ft rule on stereos with $1000 fines and your car getting impounded because of people wanting "to be heard a block away". so kindly rethink what you are doing if you dont want this kind of crap in your area. i see a lot of people jump in on big bass as a fad, they get it, blare it, get ticketed and sell it off and leave the sport. this is our hobby. dont ruin it for the rest of us just so you can be cool for 2 weeks.

and as far as loud exhausts, i call the cops and harass them on that. ever since the 100ft noise ordinance was passed, they have only targeted stereos. they have signs everywhere saying "turn it down or pay it up". but i have never seen a harley pulled over for loud exhaust. when cruisin the coast comes into town i hear v8s with no exhaust all day (doing burnouts with the cops approval no less). imports, they get picked on because the cops dont like them. if they want a law, it should be enforced fairly across the board, not at the officers selection on what he likes and dislikes.

The real question is why do you want it to be loud outside your car instead of only inside? If that is your desire, the only and obvious answer is that you have Napoleon's complex (i.e. having an extremely small penis but the need to wave it around). It surely can't really be for your listening pleasure since you aren't outside the car.

alls im saying is i want a loud system

I dont want ot get it to wake babies up and be rude i just want a system that hits hard and sounds good.

alls im saying is i want a loud system

I dont want ot get it to wake babies up and be rude i just want a system that hits hard and sounds good.

we're all for having a loud system... inside your car

This is the issue

The people here do NOT have a problem with a loud system but rather the REASON for the loud system.....

I like my system loud for sheer hobby and interest, not to be heard from a block away.....

in fact I never have the bass on (i have a bass switch that shuts the signal on and off on my eq) and when i am in a residential area I turn the subs off or roll my windows up, I demo in College parking lots, at stereo shops in business areas and park/recreational areas.... In fact my neighbor has sounds and he doesn't even know i have a stereo since i never play it in my neighborhood loud. When i tweak my stereo at home i have to jump in my car and drive 8min to the nearest park to hear the new tweak...

If that is all you want then you don't need a sub that costs 180 - 400 dollars...

Go grab a pair of 60 dollars subs and send it it's max rated power....

If you are actually serious about sound, sound quality and as i call it "pride in your hobby" then get a Fi....

Saying "I wanna be heard a block away" is like signing a death wish when you post it on a forum. It just makes the person that said it sound like an ignorant S.O.B. Being heard outside the car is annoying Im not gonna lie I turn the music up loud when moving turn it down at stop lights and neighbor hoods. I try to keep it under control because it does become a nuisance. I have neighbors that even while im typing this at 1am coming home or leaving with their stereo up loud enough for me to hear it in the back of the house.

All Everybody is saying is be responsible with it.

And any of Fi's subs will be able to get fairly loud and sound decent doing it. its all dependent on space available and power available.

i was like that too about being heard from far away when i first got my system. but im more worried about blowing my passengers ear drums out rather then wakin up a damn kid

Sign in to follow this