Sign in to follow this  
Vicious

Questions about Hifonics1500D settings for my 15

I had my new audio equipment installed today, and Ive got a few questions that Im hoping a few of you can answer for me, mostly about my amp :)

Im running my 15" D2 off a Hifonics BX1500D wired at 1-Ohm, and the sub itself is in a 3.2ft^3 enclosure ported @ 32Hz. Im running 4-gauge interconnects from KnuKonceptz and using an Alpine CDA-9827 Head Unit (4-Volt subwoofer out).

I know a few of you here are running the same amp I am, which is why I decided to ask this here :)

Anyways, this is my first big install and I am pretty much clueless when it comes to setting my amp settings correctly:

SSF (15-35Hz, currently set to 25Hz)

Bass Eq (1-18db, currently set on 4db or 5db)

Low Pass (35Hz-250Hz, currently set at around 80Hz)

Phase (0-180, currently set on 0)

Gain Level (.2V-9V, currently set at 4 or just under 4)

Anyone see some changes that I should make to these settings?

Also, what should I set my Bass Control knob too (0-18db)?? Someone told me earlier that they keep theirs set on 0, but when mine is down that low you literally cannot hear anything coming from the sub :unsure:

Im assuming my problem just lies within my amp settings (I dont think my electrical system is too small for right now [though I will upgrade later] because Im not getting any dimming at all)

I appreciate any help any of you guys can give :D

First, turn off/down your bass EQ.

Secondly, turn up your HU to what you listen to it at maximum. Go back and turn up your gain until the sub stops getting louder. Back it off a tad from there and your gain will be set.

Sometimes the indicators on the amplifiers are just flat out wrong. My friends Sony amp has this TINY area where 90% of the amplifiers gain takes place - it's not accurate by the indicator, or limits, at all. Besides that everything sounds OK with your setting. Do you have a subwoofer output on your HU? If you do, is it turned up?