Sign in to follow this  
zaxfire69

Current Draw on Xt4000d?

Hello. I am ordering a H O altenator and would like to know the Current draw @ 1 ohm on this amp..If you guys know or could help me that would be great...I have a PPI Sedona APA 425 on my highs..and the Xt4000d for my sub. Just need to know about how big of an alternator I need because my lights are dimming when I crank it loud..It is using some juice...Thanks...

Somebody help me out here please..!

i dont know the amp draw to be honest, but just get a 200a and youll be good to go for the future as well :)

I ordered a 160 amp alternator...That should help out with the curent draw..These little amps are power hungry..But it works for what I want it too till I can get another...Thanks guys..

Post pictures of the install when you are done.

Got my alternator installed today and took it up the road..You can notice a difference..Now my next question..I have a Phoenix Gold Pld-1 Line Driver. IT puts out 8 volts.. Could I use it on my Xt4000d and would it make a positive gain in my system???

I do not believe the Xterminator line can safely accept more than 6V of input voltage.

Besides, on a properly installed system, you don't need more than 2V :ughdunno:

I would say try it, but be careful, keep the volume down on the head unit, and keep the signal strength on the linedriver down.

Usampfreak 3 25 amp fuses, so a total of 75 amps??? It is killing my charging system. Lights dimming, inside and out...160 amp alternator can't keep up..I guess i need more battery..