voski35

What should i do?

I just got a new car and I don't know what to put in the car sound wise.

Previous owner put an Alpine CDA-9835 head unit in the car with a Phoenix Gold OCTANE-R 9.0:5 amp.

I don't like this head unit and I want to replace it. I was looking at the Avic-D3 but I'm not sure about that any more.

I don't really know much about the amp I havn't really had a chance to toy with its settings but at this point I don't like what I hear from the stock speakers at all. And I don't know if its because of the amp or if its the speakers.

Im my old car I had

Rockford Fosgate 1100a2 amp

FI Q 12

Infinity Kappa 60.7cs components in the front and back

JVC KD-SH1000 Headunit

Rockford Fosgate Punch P450.4 amp

What do you guys think I should change first? And what should I change them with? I wish I could do everything at once but at the moment I only have about $1100.

what is it that your current system lacks the most of?

I get absolutely no bass from the current speakers and they don't sound that good either. I also want Ipod integration but I don't like the head unit I have ATM. I'm using one of those radio transmitter things and they don't sound that good and I don't like having to change the station every few miles.

That Alpine unit is actaully really nice and I'm sure you will get several offers/inqueries about buying it if you want to get rid of it. There is an add-on module for it that gives you full iPod integration using the direct audio from the docking cable. No more FM transmitter (:barf:). From there add a decent set of front speakers (worry about the rears later, if at all). Pioneer Revs get lots of recommendations for those on a budget. Find a sub that will do well on the little bit of power from the Octane amp and call it good for now. You should be able to do all that for about $300ish. If you want someting more, can the amp and find some amps that will fit your budget and then add a bigger sub.

i'd keep the hu. you never know when you'll want to go active and need processing.

Thanks for the help. I think im gonna keep the headunit and change the speakers for now.

What would the infinity components I have be rated as? I wanna get something like them or better. I don't mind dropping $300+ for components now because I want to get something good that I am not gonna wanna change later.

look at some seas or peerles midbasses and a pair of tweeters. it's going to be less than 300$ but you'd need to run them active.

I went to some shops today and this one guy said he can do Focal 165 A1 components in the fronts and backs for 900 total. Are these good speakers? From what I am able to find online he is charing a lot of the speakers.