Sign in to follow this  
audio-neon

What do you guys decide your amp purchases on?

I am just wondering, coming from an Sq person to spl, I still tend to choose amps for clean power and heaps of headroom, size is never really an issue (as in footprint) as I will make it fit. I rarely even look at features as well. (mostly because I am running active, all I really need is a gain.

Price, reliability, reputation, output levels, and lastly others experience.

J

1. Output- Amp has to match what you're trying to do

2. Customer Service- Can you talk to the people you need to when the time comes

3. Reliability- I can't have a lot of downtime, couple this with #2, and when things go wrong, you have replacements quickly.

4. Flexibility- If I change up, can this amp change with me, is it strappable, impedance capable, etc etc. The more options, the better for the future.

3. Reliability- I can't have a lot of downtime, couple this with #2, and when things go wrong, you have replacements quickly.

4. Flexibility- If I change up, can this amp change with me, is it strappable, impedance capable, etc etc. The more options, the better for the future.

I think Stratus hit it dead on the nose. But I would put customer service and reliability as #1. You can have 10,000 watts but what good is it if it dies after a few burps and you can't get a hold of anyone to try and resolve the problem.

I think Stratus hit it dead on the nose. But I would put customer service and reliability as #1. You can have 10,000 watts but what good is it if it dies after a few burps and you can't get a hold of anyone to try and resolve the problem.

I was more referring to that an amp meets my power needs, if I don't need 10k watts, there's no use in having 10k watts. But yeah, customer service and reliability are the 1st once you decide what power you need.

i like to look at the guts of the amp before deciding anything.

To me, reliability is #1. If I am going to spend $500+ on an amp, I want it to last for a decade provided that it is well cared for.

im not educated in what to look for in amp guts and whats best and what not, however, i know that one

I base all my products upon this criteria,

Product ability and performance, Power

Reliability

Customer Service

Price

Flexibility to expand

And then looks / features

i like to look at the guts of the amp before deciding anything.

You would definitely want my D7 amplifier from diamond than. I have a deposit down on it, for my sister's b-day next year its the one that does 50x4.

I had a D7 and it didn't sound quite right for some reason... killer crossovers though! I had the 6-channel model with HP/LP/BP from 50 - 5000 hz on all sets of channels. Just might not have been enough power for me.

I had a D7 and it didn't sound quite right for some reason... killer crossovers though! I had the 6-channel model with HP/LP/BP from 50 - 5000 hz on all sets of channels. Just might not have been enough power for me.

I am thinking about getting my deposit back and putting it on a audison lrx 4.300, considering its about the same price. I haven't truly decided yet. I could always go all sundown and make Jacob happy.

Give her a pair of saz-1500d's and a 100.4, than buy a pair of 3000d's for myself.

Sign in to follow this