Sign in to follow this  
Grim

Term Lab Question

Ok So box build is going nicely so far. Im working 16 hour days cause well im greedy and i soak up whatever over time is avalible..So iv slowed down a little bit...

I hit a 140.4 with a sine wave...

I then hit a 139.9 with music...

Is this just because I didnt burp it? It seems as though the Sine wave and the Music are way to close..

Im just curious is all and would like to know before I go and re meter with the new box...

Burping one frequency is generally louder than music.

Ok So box build is going nicely so far. Im working 16 hour days cause well im greedy and i soak up whatever over time is avalible..So iv slowed down a little bit...

Is this just because I didnt burp it? It seems as though the Sine wave and the Music are way to close..

Im just curious is all and would like to know before I go and re meter with the new box...

what song was you playing to get 139.9 with music? Thats a pretty good score for bass race!

I hit 140.5db with the car off with my one 15" BL.

My car was off as well..

Chingy- Dem Jeans..

Nick, that is what i thought, which is why I dont understand why my scores are so close. Should I assume that had I burped instead of playing a 10-100hz Sine Sweep, i might have scored higher

What tones were you burping with??

any other facors such as car on or off, etc?

J

Car was off

I wasnt burping I was unsure of what frequency worked best so I used a Sine wave. Ill have to burt next time

Car off=voltage drop.........try next time with it running bro

No I know that lol...

This about Burps Vs Sine waves really.

I did music, and scored under 1db lower than I did with the sine wave, which seems odd. So I wondered if a Burp Would have been louder....

Grim were you Metering (volume and set up wise) as you would when daily driving...??

I know when we metered cars say a person would have the volume knob for daily on 20 (out of 35) but when he burped he would take the knob up to 27 for the burp since it's only a few seconds......

the only issue we had was the first burps scored very high then as they burped they got lower (obviously due to voltage issues).....

Hey don't sweat it man, It was a pure learning experience for you.... at least you made the mistake at a shop and not in the lanes.... You'll get it don't worry

Grim were you Metering (volume and set up wise) as you would when daily driving...??

I know when we metered cars say a person would have the volume knob for daily on 20 (out of 35) but when he burped he would take the knob up to 27 for the burp since it's only a few seconds......

the only issue we had was the first burps scored very high then as they burped they got lower (obviously due to voltage issues).....

Hey don't sweat it man, It was a pure learning experience for you.... at least you made the mistake at a shop and not in the lanes.... You'll get it don't worry

Daily...20 on the volume knob...

Since I wasnt burping I didnt want to throw a sine wave at it on volume that high. Even if I burp it that loud, wont it throw a dirty signal to the sub?(clipping)

I still need to know what mistake I made...i wasnt upset with my score, i just found it odd that people are all excited about hitting 139-141 on music when I hit that as well...and then i looked at there burps and they were like mid 140's...so i thought wow, thats werid, my music and sine wave were less than 1 db off from each other...

So, I should just do a burp. Go through a set of them till i find which one is the loudest and use that?

Also the music one was the last run of the day...after i had done it about 5 or 6 times...its about a minute long sweep each time..

what song was you playing to get 139.9 with music? Thats a pretty good score for bass race!

I hit 140.5db with the car off with my one 15" BL.

That probably wasn't a bassrace... just a peakhold on a song...

nG

Burps are using sine waves, but you used a sine wave "sweep" from 10 -100 Hz to try and find your peak. On a TL it should have sampled long enough to find a good peak value, but then again, it might not have. Do you remember what the loudest frequency it was during the sweep?

Thanks,

Scott

Daily...20 on the volume knob...

Since I wasnt burping I didnt want to throw a sine wave at it on volume that high. Even if I burp it that loud, wont it throw a dirty signal to the sub?(clipping)

I still need to know what mistake I made...i wasnt upset with my score, i just found it odd that people are all excited about hitting 139-141 on music when I hit that as well...and then i looked at there burps and they were like mid 140's...so i thought wow, thats werid, my music and sine wave were less than 1 db off from each other...

So, I should just do a burp. Go through a set of them till i find which one is the loudest and use that?

Also the music one was the last run of the day...after i had done it about 5 or 6 times...its about a minute long sweep each time..

I am kinda thinking the same thing as scott, I would guess that you are not burping at the best possible frequency for the subs. You need to find your peak frequency (preferably with a TL) and burp at that, not what sounds loudest to the ear...

Don't forget that although your box may be tuned at a certain frequency the vehicles resonant will change the actual "system" tuning so your box may be tuned to 35hz, then factor in the Vehicle resonance and your "system" may have changed to 30hz...

i could be completly wrong but ill say this...could it have been how it was metered??? like in bacerace its constantly taking a score averaging the them all together so if the song cuts out or gets quieter for a second it drops your score. if it was metered like this and you played a sine wave all the frequencies arent gonna play as loud as some dropping your score vs. if the meter just held your peak score.

Sign in to follow this