Sign in to follow this  
vince0616

US Amps MD.3D on ikesound?

I've heard some people give ikesound positive reviews, so I am wondering if they are really selling the MD.3D for $388 or if it is too good to be true. I would call them, but they aren't open until monday.

I'd be weary of that if it were a price for the MD2... and still call them if it was a price on the MD1D. so you do the math hehe...

I'd be weary of that if it were a price for the MD2... and still call them if it was a price on the MD1D. so you do the math hehe...

Yeah, that's what i suspected, but I just don't see why they would list that price. I thought it was pretty shady that they recently changed the prices of the all three of the amps in the Merlin line in the passed couple of days to about half of what they had listed before.

someone on this forum posts "Don't buy from Ikesound!!"

Not sure who or why. Just thought I would mention that though.

I've bought from them before. Just make sure to call them before you order to make sure the item is in stock. Ikesound is an authorized dealer. (check usamps site) HOOLLLY chit. i knew i shouldnt have spent that money, else i'd be all over that amp. I'm pretty sure they are doing it due to the model change.

someone on this forum posts "Don't buy from Ikesound!!"

Not sure who or why. Just thought I would mention that though.

Looking back over their prices, I see they have the XT-4000 listed for $579... I think they might have things a bit confused...

They are not authorized to sell Merlin and AX lines...

I know for sure that Us Amps DO NOT and HAVE NOT authorized ANYONE to sell merlin and AX line amps through the internet....

the only thing i can think of is they are 05 models not even the 06 ones..... (probably why the price is so low)....

I also read somewhere (now i am not saying ikesound was the ones) that a place was taking the shells of merlins and putting refurb or older model boards in them... and since Us Amps do not authorize internet sales of merlin lines and above you really can't do anything about it...

I am sure Denim (an authorized Us Amps seller) will confirm that the they do not allow Internet sales of Merlin and AX lines.....

I got me two Us Amps Merlin MD.1D from flakko so contact him... (I almost bought from Ikesound until i called and they told me they were last year models 05) And this was around December of 06...

that way you get a genuine no question no doubt and warrantied Us Amps correct year model without any doubt.....

Edited by theabunai

thanks man, but this is the story with ike. they ARE an authorized usamps dealer, but AFAIK, B&M only. i dunno about the authorized online part. the reason why the merlins are so cheap is that USAMPS is clearing out the 05-06 model of Merlins. because of the new redesigned ones. I would get in on the fun, and have them up in the SSA store but they are asking for a buy-in and i can't afford that lol.

And there you have it from the horses mouth.....

Man i would just email Flakko

he can hook you up on new, old whatever for Us Amps...

Ike sound is a terrible dealer. They have the worst customer service of every dealer I've bought from. Essentailly, they screwed me out of $140. I have to head to work but I will fill in the details later.

OK

About two years ago there was a DEI1100D for sale on the forums on CSO for $70. His screen name is Scott G or something like that. It still had warranty but I didn