philip

single 10 build

buddy I will definitely be contacting you after i get my Q's for that tint man...

I'll shoot you a PM to schedule an appointment for tint for SURE.

I will need your expert eye on the tint of choice for my car.... I am sure you've done Scion tC's so let me know which looks the best (if there are like titanium, smoke etc etc I'm a noob with tint)? i want the highest grade possible (supreme right) and darkest legal.....

it was the one special-t tinting did. i think they called it bass wars. i'm down to get metered if you can put that together. gotta be kinda early on sundays or after 6 on weekdays. if you ever down on queen st. come check me out. i'm at norther auto air 848 queen. i'm there m-f and most saturdays 9-12.

You work on Queen St? Cool. I work on Cooke St. Across from Karen's Kitchen. theabunai is the first poster from Hawaii that said hi (on caraudio.com) and then I read all this. More boys from Hawaii.

Anyway, maybe I'll stop by one day. You read all the hype about Fi, and here I thought I had no way of actually "hearing" Fi subs. Good to see you have a BL, and theabunai has SSDs (and sounds like he's getting Qs too). I'm actually inquiring about getting a Q to stick into a brand new Rav4 I just got, so reading this thread is good. BTW, I have a 12" SI Mag in a Mustang, but I haven't driven that car in two weeks now.

it's pretty cool how we all work close to eachother. what shop do you work at?

oh yah Sky said he was gonna hold something at king inter. on sunday if you guys wanna get metered. 9-12 i think. i'll be there. wanna meter what i got before i rebuild.

Damn and just when one of my amps is out of the car...

Phillip is he for sure gonna be there Sunday 9-12 ?

it's pretty cool how we all work close to eachother. what shop do you work at?

It's a store called Hawaii Mail Box. We pack and ship stuff.

oh yah Sky said he was gonna hold something at king inter. on sunday if you guys wanna get metered. 9-12 i think. i'll be there. wanna meter what i got before i rebuild.

I'll definetly try and get there with my Mustang. I want to check out all these "internet" subs in person, but actually getting up on a Sunday morning is going to suck. (We are talking about 9-12 in the morning right?)

Damn and just when one of my amps is out of the car...

Phillip is he for sure gonna be there Sunday 9-12 ?

Go anyway. The SSDs is one of my choices to go into my Rav4.

I'll probably show up

they still slam hard as hell just wish i could've demo'd the FULL IMPACT of the sub...

you guys should've came. everyone was cool. mahalo's to sky and his crew for everything. i did a 139.7 on music. that's funny about the mailbox place. is that the one with the po boxes inside?if it is, i bought a bag of styrofoam peanuts from you guys to check the volume of my box.. couldn't find that stuff anywhere. i'm gonna rebuild soon, so i'll keep you guys informed. btw, what do you guys think of aeroports and would it be okay to put two 4" ports far apart or better close together. i'm just in the thinking phase right now so any and all feedback is welcomed and considered. thanks in advance.

Sorry i couldn't make it... I broke my pinky toe.... (I take Gracie Jiujitsu)

When i sky gonna do another get together Phillip. ??

Sorry i couldn't make it... I broke my pinky toe.... (I take Gracie Jiujitsu)

When i sky gonna do another get together Phillip. ??

sorry to hear that man. my shop is right next to gracie. don't know when he's going to do another one but i think he said he might have one before the next competition if they hold it in july.

Oh the one on Queen street Relsons main academy yeah upstairs :)

I should stop on by there for the open mat then stop over at your shop and say high...

yeah Was rolling with a white belt (at the Aiea Relson Gracie JJ Gym down the road from me ) and so lazy saturday didn't want to tape my pinky toe and it got caught on the bottom cuff of his Gi when i was passing half guard....still throbs and i have a hard time walking around at work so i'm gonna have to lay low at the Gracie JJ gym for a while LOL

Please let me know Phillip......

By then i should have everything all installed including the Q's and my Sundwon 100.4 for my Front stage...

What competition is in July ?

And who is Sky does he work at a shop or anything

i don't think sky works at a shop but he has a term-lab. hey abunai any thoughts on a new enclosure?

For you ?

I like the Aero port idea and for your enclosure it would be probably more practical then a slotted port (due to the shape)....

plus aero ports have less restrictive openings and less friction...

Mind listing your box specs along with the BL options (if any) and the amp and wattage ?

For you ?

I like the Aero port idea and for your enclosure it would be probably more practical then a slotted port (due to the shape)....

plus aero ports have less restrictive openings and less friction...

Mind listing your box specs along with the BL options (if any) and the amp and wattage ?

right now it's almost 2 cubes (1.94) tuned to about 33. i plan to rebuild everything. woofer up port back? oh i have a 10001bd on the lookout for a 2k. loaded bl with dual 2's. i didn't want the high tinsles, but they're pretty thick so i'm assuming they are.

This is a single 10 right ?

If so maybe drop the box volume down... the 1.9 is on the high end.. I'd personally look for a 1.1 or a 1.0 volume box (after all displacement) tuned to 30-32 hz and only about 15 sq inches of port area....

with 2K on it it should really get a moving man the BL will like that amount of power much better....

that 1001bd is pretty serious enough for it though.....

with an enclosure more suited for the BL it should really make some noise

Sub up port back is the most ideal sounding to me (especially if you got a hatchback)..

It'll put up some nice numbers like that...

wassup phillip,

I was the guy in the extra cab truck on sunday and I was amazed at your 10"bl.

gonna work on putting that divider you was telling bout for my box this weekend.

sounds like your new box will be killa.

laters Myron

It was great as this was the first time I ever done any testing or metering or anything in that nature. For me it was a great father and son project. We had a toyota excab with 2 10" in a ported box off 1700 watts. We did a 136@33hz on music and

135 on a tone don't know if this is good for the first time but we are happy for now thinking bout how to get louder. Since I heard phillips 10" I want to try the bl 12" in the truck the 10" wass just killa.

Glad to hear it man

and if you guys need any help don't be afraid to shoot me an email or PM I'm always available for helping with boxes and installs....

Btw that's a pretty solid score either way (first timer or not)...

I'll be their on the next one i promise (to tape my toes when i roll at the graie JJ gym LOL)

theabunai,

Thanks for the words of encouragement and yes if you don't mind I will email or pm you when I got questions.

We all need to meet up (you, us, phillip, and anybody else) and have a talk story/tech session soon. I'am planning to buy a FI 12 BL real soon for the truck right now got DD 2500 series.

you guys should've came. everyone was cool. mahalo's to sky and his crew for everything. i did a 139.7 on music. that's funny about the mailbox place. is that the one with the po boxes inside?if it is, i bought a bag of styrofoam peanuts from you guys to check the volume of my box.. couldn't find that stuff anywhere. i'm gonna rebuild soon, so i'll keep you guys informed. btw, what do you guys think of aeroports and would it be okay to put two 4" ports far apart or better close together. i'm just in the thinking phase right now so any and all feedback is welcomed and considered. thanks in advance.

For some stupid reason, I thought that school was in town. So, I went to the wrong school. I didn't find out until later that King is in Kaneohe. I haven't been on that side of the island in ages.

And yeah, we sell those styrofoam peanuts. It might have been me that sold it to you. There's only three people working there. A Japanese guy, a Filipino guy, and a Chinese girl. I'm the Filipino guy.

sup myron good luck with the set up. alpa, i think i bought it from the japanese guy. anyways, i'm thinking of a box maybe in the 1.1-1.5 range like abunai said. i can't seem to find space to put two four inch ports inside the box. any suggestions. how would this "recomended" enclosure .8-1.2 cu. ft. enclosure sound for spl...? i'm willing to try anything but hesitant to take everything out of the car, rebuild, and not get better results...

Edited by philip

what do you guys recommend for a box for a 15" Q or BL?

it will be in an extra cab truck..

box will be aprox. 4 cu ft tuned to about 30hz

should i face sub towards seats?

towards the ceiling?

port facing same direction as sub?

what do you guys recommend for a box for a 15" Q or BL?

it will be in an extra cab truck..

box will be aprox. 4 cu ft tuned to about 30hz

should i face sub towards seats?

towards the ceiling?

port facing same direction as sub?

i would try sub forward bhind the passenger side and port firing sideways to the drivers side

hey jockin,

what kind of extra cab? I got a 92 toyota extra cab and I fire sub into seat with port firing to roof. Port is length wise along back window.