philip

single 10 build

hey jockin,

what kind of extra cab? I got a 92 toyota extra cab and I fire sub into seat with port firing to roof. Port is length wise along back window.

sorry it took so long..i havent checked this thread in a while

its actually my gf's truck

its a 07 toyota x-runner

right now i have a 12" RF T1

sub and port face toward seats

sub behind driver seat port behind pass. seat

mind posting up a picture of your box?

i was thinking i wanted to build a box the same way you said yours is

sub inbetween both seats facing forwards pointing up at an angle...

truck box style..with making the port face upwards

an installer next door to my job said that its best to face sub and port same direction

so then i started thinking about putting the port below the sub facing forwards

i wanted the sub to be in the center of the box so you can see it inbetween the seats for cosmetic reasons

but i didnt want seat to be locking the port either i wanted it in the middle too

so yeah if can post up a pic that'd be koo

Howzit guys, finally got on here. Anyway, you guys down for another session? Looks like Kyle(Special-T Tinting) didn't really have another comp in the works. I was hoping he would do one at the end of July like last year, but as far as I know, he wasn't planning on one. Some of us on hawaiiforums been trying to talk him into organizing another one, but his response was something like, "I'm busy right now, but if I have the time, it might be a possiblity." So, I'm looking at possibly getting another session together on Sunday, July 15 at King Intermediate around the same time as the last time. I still have to see if we can get the Auto Shop again, so let me know so I can set it up. Checkout the "In Car Entertainment" forum in the Classified section of hawaiiforums.net for an official announcement. As for me, I have been working on another daily box for my DD 3510d, one that'll fit behind my seats a little better. I haven't touched my SPL box since the last session, after my ports fell apart when the duct tape failed. Hopefully I'll get the daily box done soon so I can work on the ports for my comp box. Gonna shorten them again to raise my tunning, somewhere around 50hz. Alright boys, I'll talk to you guys soon!

ALOHAZ,

SKY

Sky wassup bro

Yeah i would love to try to get a session with you and da boyz around mid july....

Don't forget to keep us posted here as well...

So we are looking at next week Sunday, July 15, 2007. Here's a link to the thread I started on forumshawaii.net- Term-Lab Session 2. So far, I know for certain that 2 guys are coming out to get metered, and a couple of others are coming out just to check it out.

ALOHAZ,

SKY

I'll be there

hopefully my Q's will be in by then if not i can meter the SSD's with about 2400 watts total including the front stage and subs....

right on abunai. see you there.

sure thing then i can have a look at that box and see if we can come up with some solutions for it, if you haven't gotten it sorted out yet....

just metered again today, i did a 139.8. lol, i didn't change anything just wanted to meter and got .1 higher. thought i'd share.

Still sounding to your liking with more time on it?

yes it does. i love it. i am going to rebuild though. i might need a price for a btl 10 that i can switch out with the bl. i was thinking about using a 20001bd? or if i can find a 30001. now i know what you were talking about with a dirty signal, i definitely need and want more power. i'll email you soon for a quote.

we had a little car show yesterday and got a new score again! i finally broke a 140. 140.7 then a 141 flat. can't see it too well. it was kinda last minute for all the sound guys but we had fun.

matrixrun1.jpg

matrixrun2.jpg

pics of some girls at the show

DSC_0003.jpg

I am wondering what I could hit with my single BL 10" off 1500 watts tuned to 35 1.2 cuft. Phil, your scores are very encourging to me. Oh , and if your going to get rid of your BL 10" for a BTL, I got first dibs if you sell it :D

probably not anytime soon unit. i love this woofer. lol i like hearing people say that's not a ten or you gotta have something else hiding in there. but if i do mayne you'll be the first to know. btw, what did you hit with yours? i have a t20001bd that i haven't put into the car yet. i wanna see what it does to the bl.

hey philip how's your new build going?. seen pics of that killa box you did for jocken killa sweet job.

laters

myron

thanks myron. nah my build's coming along but slow. i just put in a 360.2 though and i love it. i dunno how long i can go without a sub but the 360 really brought my mids to life. later.

how do you guys think this would do on a bl? 20001bd on the left and t8004 for the mids.

untitled.jpg

woohooo that 20001bd i would definitely try set that bad boy with an oscope on the BL... That amp got some balls... Good thing your BL is fully loaded philip..

the 8004 i never heard in person.... so i can't really say how it would do but what kind of comp. sets you got

orion p6's in the front and c6's in aperiodic enclosures in the rear. eh abunai, thank your guy ricky for me. i was talking to him today at the shop and gave me some good pointers. i found what was making noise on the 360. stupid ipod. what you think, small fi spec. box or about 1.7 cubic foot box, 36 hz? i'm just gonna make some simple ported ones to test with first.