300gte

Saz-1500D Suggested electrical

I just wanted to know, if I had a 300 amp alternator and 1 kinetiks 2400 batts with a run of 1/0 would I have enough juice for 1 ohm daily without massive voltage drop?

I just wanted to know, if I had a 300 amp alternator and 1 kinetiks 2400 batts with a run of 1/0 would I have enough juice for 1 ohm daily without massive voltage drop?

That would be far overkill for it. Really, a 160 amp alt and a second battery is sufficient for 1/2 ohm daily (though it is not warrantied)...

That would be far overkill for it. Really, a 160 amp alt and a second battery is sufficient for 1/2 ohm daily (though it is not warrantied)...

Thanks for your reply, I am just not sure of the amount of current required to keep this amp happy and without damage.

It is not a particularly power hungry or fragile amplifier. At 1 ohm it works fine with most fairly stock electrical systems provided you have sufficient sized power wire, a properly functioning alternator, and a decent battery. Most of what you hear about extremely upgraded electrical systems is for operation below 1 ohm where voltage drop becomes much more of a problem -- ALL amplifiers are subject to damage with voltage drop, I have just made it very clear up front so that people know what it takes to power a true 1500+ watt amplifier.

It is not a particularly power hungry or fragile amplifier. At 1 ohm it works fine with most fairly stock electrical systems provided you have sufficient sized power wire, a properly functioning alternator, and a decent battery. Most of what you hear about extremely upgraded electrical systems is for operation below 1 ohm where voltage drop becomes much more of a problem -- ALL amplifiers are subject to damage with voltage drop, I have just made it very clear up front so that people know what it takes to power a true 1500+ watt amplifier.

Thank you Mr. Sundown. I appreciate you taking the time to chime in on this one. I hope this will clarify any questions that other may have on this topic, as it has helped me. From all the testing and great feedback, it seems you make a wonderful product.

Thank you Mr. Sundown. I appreciate you taking the time to chime in on this one. I hope this will clarify any questions that other may have on this topic, as it has helped me. From all the testing and great feedback, it seems you make a wonderful product.

Thanks for the support! Just let me know if you have any more questions in the future :)

oh this reminds me, what kind of electrical would be required to run a 3000D at 1 ohm daily?

I was gonna slightly thread high jack and ask if a stock alt on a Mountaineer, with 1/0awg wire big three and one or two runs be sufficent for 2 of the 1500 at 1 ohm daily?

J

oh this reminds me, what kind of electrical would be required to run a 3000D at 1 ohm daily?

Almost exactly double the current draw of a 1500D at 1 ohm. You need to have an electrical system capable of supporting 300 amps of current draw at maximum output levels at 1 ohm. When we tested in Sean's truck at lower loads we were drawing over 400 amps, but that is under 1 ohm :)

I would highly suggest a 200 amp alternator, a large primary battery, and a large Group 31 or bigger secondary battery. Just being honest... anyone running over 2000 watts with less is fooling themselves about the power they are getting.

jacob... as of right now .. i will using my stock electrical ... 110 stock alt , big 3, and yellow top with 0 gauge all around ... 1 run to the back ...

how do u think it will hold up .. since the 1500d isnt a power hungry amplifier?

jacob... as of right now .. i will using my stock electrical ... 110 stock alt , big 3, and yellow top with 0 gauge all around ... 1 run to the back ...

how do u think it will hold up .. since the 1500d isnt a power hungry amplifier?

That should be sufficient for 1-ohm operation all day long!

That will be sufficient. I've used one in a personal car on stock electrical with 1/0 and it was no problem.

That will be sufficient. I've used one in a personal car on stock electrical with 1/0 and it was no problem.

I use mine daily with a 80 amp alt, a factory replacement battery and 4 ga. Daily.

(upgrading alt, batt and adding another run of 4 per amp. for the second saz-1500d)

I understand that jake is a very busy guy. Maybe a sticky on the suggested electrical is needed to clear up so many of these threads.